Elmore Sports Group
The Elmore Sports Group is one of America's most dynamic leadership companies, a rare and thrilling organization that includes professional sports teams throughout California, Oregon, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Idaho, and Utah. Collectively, nearly 2 million fans visit an ESG franchise annually. DG Elmore is the primary owner of the Bakersfield Blaze.
The ESG family of teams include:
- Colorado Sky Sox (AAA- Colorado Rockies)
- San Antonio Missions (AA- San Diego Padres)
- Inland Empire 66ers (A- LA Dodgers)
- Bakersfield Blaze (A-Texas Rangers)
- Eugene Emeralds (A- San Diego Padres)
- Idaho Falls Chukars (Rookie- Kansas City Royals)
- Helena Brewers (Rookie-Milwaukee Brewers)
- Utah Grizzlies (AA- New York Islanders)
A charter member of the California League, the Bakersfield franchise is rich in baseball tradition. Known as the "Blaze" these days, and affiliated with the Texas Rangers, Bakersfield has also been the home of the "Badgers", "Indians", "Boosters", "Bears", "Outlaws", "Mariners and "Dodgers" over the past 69 years. Despite the great players who have passed through Bakersfield, Sam Lynn Ballpark is probably best remembered for being built backwards (the sun sets in the hitter's eyes) and the shallow 354 foot centerfield, perhaps the shallowest in professional baseball.