Skip to main content
jump to navigation
The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
Mascot Mania - Fans Decide the Minor Leagues' Best Mascot - Vote Now
Below is an advertisement.

Russell Diethrick Park

RUSSELL E. DIETHRICK, JR. PARK

Opened: 1941
Capacity: 3,000
Dimensions: LF 335 - CF 410 - RF 342


Built in 1941, Russell E. Diethrick, Jr. Park is the second oldest ballpark in the NY-Penn League. The stadium is owned by the City of Jamestown with the Jammers leasing it as the primary tenant. It was originally known as Jamestown Municipal Stadium and hosted the Jamestown Falcons of the "Pennsylvania-Ontario-New York League" (PONY League), which is now known as the NY-Penn League. The park was later unofficially known as College Stadium after Jamestown Community College relocated its campus right behind the park on Falconer Street in 1961.

On August 9, 1997, the park was renamed Russell E. Diethrick, Jr. Park in honor of Jamestown's "Mr. Baseball." It was dedicated to Mr. Diethrick, who has been player, manager, owner, supporter and friend of professional and youth baseball in Jamestown longer than most can remember. Russ is currently the Community Development Officer for Jamestown Savings Bank. He is an important member of the voluntary Jamestown Jammers Executive Advisory Board. He is also the Host President of the Jamestown Babe Ruth World Series Committee and a member of the National Board of Directors for Babe Ruth, Inc.

Diethrick Park is also the host of many local and national games. It serves as the home for all Jamestown Community College and Jamestown High School home games, as well as the Babe Ruth World Series. The competition was last played there in 2008, and will again take place at the park in 2011.

The park has recently undergone numerous renovations to modernize it. A brand new scoreboard and sound system were installed in 2006, and the press box was renovated prior to the 2010 season.