Skip to main content
jump to navigation
The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
Below is an advertisement.

Dickey-Stephens Park

Home of the Arkansas Travelers

Opened April 12, 2007, Dickey-Stephens Park is located at the corner of Broadway Avenue and the Broadway Bridge in downtown North Little Rock. Providing one of the most beautiful urban views in minor league baseball is the skyline of downtown Little Rock, sitting directly across the Arkansas River.

Dickey-Stephens Park was built through a partnership between the Arkansas Travelers, the city of North Little Rock and Little Rock financier Warren Stephens. In August 2005, the voters of North Little Rock approved a two-year, one-cent sales tax to provide the bulk of the funding for construction. Mr. Stephens donated the seven-acre plot of land for the ballpark, and the Travs agreed to move to North Little Rock.

Dickey-Stephens Park is named in honor of two pairs of baseball-loving brothers; Stephens Inc. Founders Jack and Witt Stephens, and Hall of Fame Catcher Bill Dickey and his brother Skeeter. Bill, who caught for the 1925 Little Rock Travelers, also managed the club for one season following a 17-year Hall-of-Fame career with the New York Yankees that included seven World Series titles. Skeeter also caught during a long professional baseball career that included parts of 6 seasons in the Major Leagues with the Red Sox and White Sox. Both Dickey brothers worked for Stephens Inc. following their baseball careers.

Construction of Dickey-Stephens Park was handled by East Harding and Hansel Phelps. The ballpark was designed by HKS Architects.

Dickey-Stephens Park is owned by the city of North Little Rock and operated by the Travelers through a lease agreement. Following Kavanaugh Field and Ray Winder Field, Dickey-Stephens Park is the third site to be called "The Home of the Travs."