Charitable Donation Guidelines
1. All donation requests must be made in writing on your organization's letterhead. Each request must include the following information:
- Name, date, and description of the event
- Organization that will benefit from the event
- Description of the organization
- Contact person, mailing address and phone number.
- 501(c)3 tax ID number
2.Due to the high volume of Donation Requests that we receive, all requests must be received by the Whitecaps via US mail or fax at least four weeks prior to the event. Generally, due to lack of necessary information, emailed requests will not be considered.
3. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Priority will be given to non-profit organizations that benefit children.
- Recognition of the Whitecaps contribution at the event is appreciated whenever possible, but not necessary.
- Employee picnics, company outings, recognition parties, and church mission trips do not qualify for donations. These organizations may purchase merchandise from the Whitecaps Souvenir Shop and may be eligible for quantity discounts.
- Local organizations will be given priority.
- Events that benefit a single individual or family will not be considered because of our desire to maximize our impact on the community.
4. All donations will be in the form of merchandise, memorabilia or tickets.
5. You will receive written notification of the status of your donation request within two weeks of the event.
6. We expect the receiving organization to pick up donations at the Fifth Third Ballpark administrative offices unless special circumstances apply. In these cases the donation will be mailed to the address indicated on the donation request letter.
7. Please keep in mind when soliciting a donation that each organization may receive only one donation from the Whitecaps Community Foundation per year. Contact the Whitecaps for the event at which our assistance would be the most beneficial to your organization.
You can also find these guidelines on our website:
Please mail or fax your request to:
West Michigan Whitecaps
P.O. Box 428
Comstock Park, MI 49321
Fax: (616) 784-4911