Mascots & Pinstripe Patrol
Who are the uncontested MVPs of the Staten Island Yankees year after year? When you think about it, it's not really a hard thing to figure out. They can be described as tall, goofy, silly, and unpredictable. Oh and did we mention that they have hooves? Scooter the Holy Cow and Red are the Staten Island Yankees' cow-sibling extraordinaires and have been entertaining Staten Island Yankees fans night after night for years. Whether they're running the bases, wrestling one another, or creating all types of mischief, Scooter and Red are the heart and soul of the Staten Island Yankees.
Scooter the "Holy Cow" debuted for the Staten Island Yankees when the franchise relocated from Watertown, NY in 1999. Scooter's brother, Red, debuted in the summer of 2003 as a stand-in for the then injured Scooter. Scooter and his brother are not only a staple at Staten Island Yankees games, but in the community as well. Running around Staten Island, entertaining fans and getting into trouble is what these bovines are all about.
Scooter the "Holy Cow"
- Weight: Scooter's secret!
- Height: 9 ft.
- Resides: In his barn in Staten Island, NY
- Position: Team Mascot
- Throws: Right
- Bats: Both
- Favorite Food: Veggie Burgers
- Favorite Movie: Bull Durham
- Best Friend: Phil Rizzuto
- Off-Season Hobbies: Grazing on the outfield grass, visiting friends on Staten Island, and practicing for next season
- Weight: Too busy eating to get on a scale
- Height: 10 ft.
- Resides: In the stable next to Scooter's
- Position: Taste Tester
- Throws: Hot Dogs
- Bats: Rarely
- Favorite Food: Anything served at the concession stand
- Favorite Movie: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (mmm...tomatoes.)
- Best Friend: Scooter the Holy Cow, of course
- Off-Season Hobbies: Cooking, eating, barbequing, eating, inventing new recipes, eating, and eating
ORDER YOUR TICKETS TODAY!