Part-Time / Seasonal Employment
The TinCaps are now accepting part-time employment applications for the 2016 season.
Applications are available at the TinCaps office at Parkview Field. The office is located at 1301 Ewing Street, on the third-base side of the ballpark, along Ewing Street between Brackenridge Street and Jefferson Boulevard.
Completed paper applications can be returned weekdays from 9:00am-5:00pm. Phone calls to check on applications are discouraged.
The TinCaps are currently accepting resumes, cover letters and references from students that you find to be appropriate to submit to be included for consideration for an internship position with the 2016 Fort Wayne TinCaps.
Interviews will be conducted starting in early November and the expectation is to have the internship positions filled by December 15th. Please no phone calls in regards to the status of your resume. We will contact all interested candidates for either a phone interview or in-person interview, or update with a letter for your status.
The following is a brief description of the different areas that the Fort Wayne TinCaps hire interns for each season.
- Food & Beverage Internship - The TinCaps Food and Beverage Internship Program is a learning opportunity for individuals who seek work experience within the Hospitality and Entertainment industry. Interns will work with the Food & Beverage Department in all aspects of the concession management operations at Parkview Field. This includes ordering, inventory, sales reports, monitoring of sales percentages and all other management responsibilities. In addition, interns will be responsible for overseeing the game-day staff in each area of Parkview Field, ranging from the four main concession stands, the 18 portable food and beverage carts and the main group and picnic locations. Each intern position will be required to work a total of 70 home baseball games, as well as additional special events (concerts, festivals, etc.). Main contact during the season is Nate Seaman.
- Please send all resumes, cover letters and other information to Brent Harring at Harring@tincaps.com or Austin Allen at Allen@tincaps.com
- The Fort Wayne TinCaps offer an extensive internship program for college students and recent college graduates to gain valuable knowledge, experience and insight in the field of sports.
- TinCaps Internships are full-time commitments, beginning in February and concluding in mid to late August for students going back to school or the end of September at the conclusion of the TinCaps season. Under certain circumstances, the TinCaps will consider hiring interns to start in May, dependant on previous work history in a related sports field.
- Each season, we expect interns to start in February and work through the end of the TinCaps season. Interns working a full season will gain valuable insight into the daily operations leading up to the start of a season and then learn the aspects of working a game-day schedule.
- Interns should be highly motivated, have a strong interest and desire to work in the sports industry, have an excellent personality, a strong work ethic, good attitude, and the willingness and ability to work long hours, weekends, and holidays, including up to 80 hours in a week.
- The TinCaps will review the progress of each individual intern throughout the season in an effort to cover their strengths and weaknesses within the TinCaps organization and the internship program.
- The purpose of the TinCaps Internship program is to allow students the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the operations of a professional sports organization and selecting an appropriate career.
- The TinCaps strive to utilize all interns to their fullest capabilities based on experience, education, aspirations, work ethic and choice of area they desire.
- In addition to the duties assigned in each internship job description, each intern will also assist with pulling tarp; non-TinCaps game events such as high school baseball games; concerts, private parties and outside events.
- All interns will be required to attend mascot appearances as both a TinCaps representative and as the mascot.
Internship Notes for all interns
• TinCaps Internship pay for the season will be $1,000 per month, with the chance of commission for sales.
• The TinCaps do not offer any housing. All interns hired will be responsible for finding their own housing in the Fort Wayne area. We will provide a list of apartments for interns and put all hired interns in contact for roommate situations.
• Interns will be responsible for having reliable transportation with the requirements of pocket schedule deliveries and mascot/player appearances.
• Non-game day hours will be from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with the possibility of evenings or weekends for TinCaps Player or Mascot Appearances, or the promotion of the TinCaps at Community events.
• On event days, most of which will be TinCaps games, hours expected will be from 9:00 AM until approximately one hour after the event, sometimes as late, or later than 11:00 PM. Interns will be required to work up to 80 hours in a given week during the TinCaps regular season.
• The TinCaps will also implement a weekly schedule of events for interns to plan their schedules accordingly.
• In addition, all interns will be required to assist with the distribution of the TinCaps Pocket Schedules to all areas of Fort Wayne and surrounding communities within a 60-mile radius.
• In addition to position-related responsibilities, interns will also work the TinCaps Guest Service Booth during game days.
• Also, interns will assist with the Boy Scout and Girl Scout Overnight events that the TinCaps hold each year.
• Interns must be available to work full-time, which includes nights, weekends and some holidays during the summer. Exceptions for hires may be made for those students attending local colleges who are still taking classes during the Spring Semester.