Michigan Baseball Foundation Grants
The Michigan Baseball Foundation (MBF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity founded in 2006 to create regional economic development through creative partnerships and to enhance the efforts of regional organizations that serve young people. The Michigan Baseball Foundation owns and operates Dow Diamond, home of the Great Lakes Loons, a Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
MBF is currently accepting grant applications from November through the middle of February. Through six grant cycles, MBF has awarded 209 grants totaling $721,014 to non-profit organizations extending to 14 counties of the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Click here to view a summary of grants by county and economic development.
The decision to fund an organization's project is determined by one or more of the following guidelines. These guidelines reflect the purposes for which the Michigan Baseball Foundation has been organized:
• The organization contributes to regional economic development.
• The organization is based in the Mid-Michigan area and serves young people.
• The funded project promotes amateur sports and fitness.
The Michigan Baseball Foundation considers funding non-profit organizations from the Great Lakes Bay Region that use the grant money to fund projects; the grants are not intended to fund day-to-day operations. Primary consideration is given to organizations in Midland, Bay, Saginaw, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Genesee, Isabella, Ogemaw, Genesee, Tuscola, Huron, Arenac and Iosco counties. Strong consideration is also given to organizations that have:
• A practical financial development plan is either in place or under way
• A strong infrastructure and solid operational plan in place or under development
• Dynamic leadership both at the management level and on the governing board(s)
• Strategic alliances with other public and private agencies, businesses, and individuals
• A system for evaluating and developing their programs, management, and staff to keep the organization viable and effective
For more information, contact Eric Ramseyer at 989.837.6166 or email@example.com