2016 Gameday Parking Availability
June 17, 2016
Driving to the game on Opening Day? Here's all the updated information you need to get to the ballpark as seemlessly as possible:
- There will be 12 buses in total - four 54-passenger buses and eight shuttle buses, running continuous loops from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Most of the buses and shuttles will run from 355 Front Street to the stadium entrance at street level.
- Four shuttle buses will run from 54 Central Ave to the stadium entrance.
- At least one ADA-compliant bus/shuttle is running each loop.
- 475 Bay Street will be the overflow lot. All vehicles will initially be sent to 355 Front Street.
- If there is a location that is receiving increased activity, shuttles will be deployed accordingly.
- Various lot managers will be available to direct fans & answer questions.
June 15, 2016
As you may already know, the primary parking lots adjoining the home of the Staten Island Yankees, Richmond County Bank Ballpark (RCBB) at St. George, have been closed for public parking since December 2015 because of construction of the New York Wheel and Empire Outlets. To replace the parking lost in construction, the New York Wheel has been developing a new public parking garage just north of the ballpark.
Unforeseen delays affecting the construction of the garage have postponed the opening of the structure multiple times from its original opening date of April 12. Today we learned the garage will not be open in time for the Staten Island Yankees home opener on Saturday, June 18, and likely the first several series beyond.
In anticipation of this possibility, the Staten Island Yankees have been working closely with the project's developers and local government to create as many temporary alternate parking solutions as possible. The New York Wheel has agreed to provide additional shuttles, including several with handicap access, to the lots listed below, with the exception of 22 Academy Place and 25 Wall Street, which are located less than a quarter mile from the park.
One block west, about a three minute walk to Richmond County Bank Ballpark:
• 22 Academy Place (156 spaces)
• 25 Wall Street (170 spaces)
Parking lots with shuttles to the ballpark (including some with handicap access)
• 54 Central Ave (719 spaces), (about 8 minute walk, 0.4 miles)
• 475 Bay Street (293 spaces), (about 6 minute ride, 1.2 miles)
• 355 Front Street (275 spaces), (about 8 minute ride, 1.4 miles)
• 680 Richmond Terrace (50 spaces), (about 4 minute ride, 1.1 miles)
• 40 Prospect Street (26 spaces), (about 9 minute ride, 1.4 miles)
"This is an unfortunate inconvenience for everyone, but most importantly, our fans. We believe the operators of the New York Wheel are doing the best they can amidst the challenges that have been presented. At the beginning of the off-season, it was hard to believe this project could be delayed to the point it would affect Opening Day. Fortunately, there are ample parking alternatives available to us, and while they are less convenient, they are only temporary. We believe that the situation will continue to improve in the coming weeks as opposed to the coming months. Trust me when I say we're doing everything we possibly can to lobby on your behalf. I promise to provide honest and timely updates as they become available to us." -Team President/Operating Partner Will Smith
The Staten Island Yankees will continue to work with local businesses and officials to find the most convenient parking solutions available throughout the 2016 season. Fans should allow for extra travel time or take public transportation, including the Staten Island Railway, whenever possible and are encouraged to check this web page frequently for the latest parking information.