San Jose Giants Key Facts
The San Jose Giants are a professional baseball team in the Class A Advanced California League. The team has been affiliated with the San Francisco Giants since 1988 and has boasted one of the best records in the minor leagues after partnering with the big league club. San Jose has won six California League Championships as a Giants affiliate (2010, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2001 and 1998) and eleven overall. In 26 seasons, the San Jose Giants have graduated 163 Major League players, 117 of whom have played or currently play for the San Francisco Giants. The San Jose Giants have played in historic Municipal Stadium for over 70 years. The Giants won back to back league championships in 2009 and 2010 and are also the first team in California League history to have won four titles over a six-year span.
- The San Jose Giants recently celebrated history with their 4,000,000th fan entering the Municipal Stadium gates since 1988. In 2013, the San Jose Giants welcomed over 215,000 fans to Municipal Stadium eclipsing the 200,000 attendance mark for the fifth consecutive year.
- The San Jose Giants fan base mirrors the Minor League Baseball demographic demonstrated throughout the country. San Jose fans are primarily families with young children ages 1 to 15 as well as members of the senior citizen community.
- SJ Giants have extensive partnerships with local schools, youth sports organizations and the Parks and Recreation Department. More than $300,000 is raised annually for San Jose youth sports organizations through the "Park Packer" program.
- The SJ Giants contribute to the daily quality of life in the City of San Jose by providing every family an opportunity to participate in America's game through a variety of free programs sponsored by our corporate partners.
- Over 140 events took place in the stadium last year, including youth and adult baseball games, cub scout camp outs, community festivals and other non-baseball related activities such as the San Jose Giant Race, college football tailgates, weddings and several corporate outings. San Jose Giants corporate partners retain visibility at all stadium events.
- The San Jose Giants have a 20 game television broadcast schedule on Comcast Hometown Network (CHN 104). This is one of the largest TV deals in Minor League Baseball with each broadcast reaching nearly two million homes. In addition, the team is the only California League organization to have all their home games streamed live on MiLB.TV.
- The San Jose Giants recently launched their iPhone and Android App, allowing fans to keep up with the team and listen to every broadcast on their mobile phones. The organization remains the California League leader in Facebook fans (over 20,000) and Twitter followers (nearly 12,500), placing themselves in the top 25 percent of all Minor League Baseball.
- This season the San Jose Giants' mascot, Gigante, was voted the best mascot in the California League. In 2012, the team won the California League Excellence in Marketing and Promotions Award for the first time in franchise history. In 2009, the San Jose Giants received Minor League Baseball's top award the John H. Johnson President's Trophy. The President's Trophy is presented annually to honor the complete baseball franchise. This marked only the second team in California League history to win the award.