Group Fundraising Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in the Non-Profit Fundraising Program with the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club at Fifth Third Field. We are please to provide non-profit organizations an opportunity to participate in our success. The program is designed to give organizations an exciting way to raise funds for their cause. We are looking for friendly, hard-working volunteers to work the concession stands and portables during the games. If your group / organization would like to be a part of an exciting atmosphere while earning fundraising dollars, this is a great opportunity for you.
We provide you with everything you need to be successful including, but not limited to training, supervision, and a percentage of the sales.
The Toledo Mud Hens are always looking to get local community organizations involved in our success. Contributions made to local non-profit organizations participating in our Fundraising Program total over $140,000 annually.
- The Group must comply with all laws governing fundraising activities, Fifth Third Field, and the Toledo Mud Hens rules.
- Group must certify that it is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization as defined in section 501c (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Non-Profit Group must operate for civic, charitable, religious, and/or educational purposes.
- Group must commit to work at least 14 games. They also must attend training session which will cover the following... Inventory Procedures, Alcohol Service Cash Handling, Food Safety Guidelines, and various Rules & Policies. All games must be at the same location.
- The Toledo Mud Hens insist that group leader(s) read the 2011 Handbook & Contract and all group members read and sign the appropriate forms in the contract. The Group must sign the Non-Profit Group Contract. This document is the official binding between the Group and the Toledo Mud Hens.
- The non-profit group is responsible for its own insurance requirements in all areas. Any and all insurance coverage for group members is the sole responsibility of the group.
- Group must provide a consent letter signed by the lead of organization or group stating that your group can participate in our program.
- Group must provide the appropriate number of hardworking, enthusiastic volunteers with positive attitudes to give our guests first class service.
CONCESSION STANDS AND PORTABLES AVAILABLE
|Concession Stands:||Total Members Needed|
|Stand 1 - Toledo Treats
Stand 2 - Marco's & Hen House Eats
Stand 3 - Gilhooley's Grille*
Stand 4 - Triple Play Grill*
Stand 5 - Taco Hut & Casey's Creamery*
Stand 6 - Hen House Eats (Centerfield)
|8-10 workers (At least 2 adults)
18-22 workers (At least 12 adults)
12-14 workers (At least 7 adults)
24-28 workers (At least 14 adults)
22-24 workers (At least 12 adults)
10-12 workers (At least 10 adults)
|Portables:||Total Members Needed|
|Portables 1 & 2
Portables 4, 5 & 9
Portables 8 & 10
|8-10 workers (At least 6 adults)
10-12 workers each (At least 6 adults)
6-8 workers (At least 5 adults)
* Toledo Mud Hens supplies cooks at these portables.
Please remember that it is very important that all groups meet minimum staffing levels to insure first class customer service to our guests. We can't do it without your group members so everyone must be present and on time ready to volunteer. The Toledo Mud Hens will deduct $50 for each member that you are short. All group members must be at least 16 years old to volunteer and they must be 21 years old or older to sale / serve alcohol.
Stands and portables must be cleaned and organized thoroughly after every event. Groups will be charged a $50.00 cleaning fee for any past event cleaning that is considered excessive.
All group members must wear the following:
- Khaki pants, capris, or shorts - No jeans, cut-off shorts, or stretch pants
- Non-slip, closed toe, comfortable tennis shoes or boots - No open toe shoes, heelless/high heels, sandals or crocs - Everyone must wear socks
- White shirt with sleeves - No tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or shirts with inappropriate text or pictures
- Toledo Mud Hens provides a smock and badge that must be worn at all times while volunteering.
- Hats may be worn, but they must be a Mud Hens hat only - Hats must be worn correctly with the bill to the front and not to the side or back. No bandanas, stocking caps, or hair wraps allowed.
The Toledo Mud Hens provide training to a core group of your members to ensure proper management of their concession location(s). This is a Mandatory training. It will be up to your group leaders to make sure all group members have basic knowledge of our Fundraising program. We also supply your group with all the tools they need to make their fundraising experience at Fifth Third Field a success. The Group leader(s) and Head Cashier(s) must be present at all training(s). Training will cover the following:
Hands On Training 2 Hours:
At least 8 group member (including the Group leader(s) and Head Cashier(s)) must be present
- Inventory Procedures
- Cash Handling
- Food Preparation and Safety
- Alcohol Service
- Customer Service / Service Effective Training
- Hands On Training - Group will be required to work a pre-determined slow weekday event
- 9% of net food sales
- 8% of net beer sales
GROUP BONUS DOLLARS
Base Bonus (Stands Only):
$200.00 --- For working season commitment of 14 events
Incentive (Stands Only)
$20.00 --- For each additional event after group's commitment of 12 events
Example 1 - If your group works 19 events in a Stand, their Bonus Dollars will be $300.00 ($200.00 base plus $100.00 for five additional games)
Example 2 - If your group works 24 events in a Stand, their Bonus Dollars will be $400.00 ($200.00 base plus $200.00 for fifteen additional games)