RIVER CATS FOUNDATION, Inc.
Amended and Restated Guidelines: Requests for Support
The River Cats Foundation, Inc. will provide financial support only to qualified IRC Section 501(c)(3) organizations.
The qualified organizations must demonstrate active participation in the greater Sacramento region in one or more of the following areas:
- Youth Activities
- Family Activities
Criteria for Consideration of Support
Qualifying organizations must demonstrate a consistent history of supporting worthy youth and family-based activities in the greater Sacramento area. They must have been in existence for a minimum of two (2) full calendar years and demonstrate their financial stability. They will have directly supported one or more organizations whose beneficiaries are needy children, youth or families.
Required Materials to be Submitted for Review
At a minimum, the qualifying organization will provide two (2) current copies of the following documents:
- IRC 501(c)(3) Determination Letter
- Most recent year Form 990/990 PF as filed with the Internal Revenue Service
- Most recent year Form 199 as filed with the California Franchise Tax Board
- Brochures and other materials describing the organization's activities and support function
- Formal, written request for support including:
- Amount requested
- Specific program being supported
- Time frame that funds will be utilized
- Other supporting materials, as appropriate
Restrictions of Request for Support
Except as otherwise determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors, the following will be the focus of the Foundation with respect to broad categories of groups supported and their annual operating programs:
In addition, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, the Foundation may support the appropriate youth and/or family-based capital projects of qualifying organizations.
- 2015: After School (including athletic)-related programs
- 2016: Art, drama and music-related programs
- 2017: Academic: math and science
Required Time for Request for Support
The Foundation's Board of Directors will consider Requests for Support at their Board meeting in June of each year consistent with the preceding direction. Complete information must be received by February 1st for consideration at the Foundation's annual Board meeting. Incomplete packages will be returned to the submitting organization and may be resubmitted one additional time.
Approved Requests for Support will be distributed in late June of each year along with a Post Grant Evaluation Form, which must be completed and returned to the Foundation by December 31 of the year of the distribution. Failure to complete the Post Grant Evaluation Form will preclude the qualifying organization from receiving support in the event the organization seeks support in the following year.
Method of Submission
The two (2) complete sets of materials should be forwarded via mail to:
River Cats Foundation
Attention: Mr. Dan Vistica
400 Ballpark Drive
West Sacramento, CA 95691
* Revision Date: April, 2014