The Fisher Cats Internship Program is a great way for college level students to acquire credits and/or experience while learning the business side of minor league baseball. In the past three years, the Fisher Cats have been won the Larry MacPhail Award (named to as the top team for promotional effort and community involvement throughout all levels of Minor League Baseball) and the Double-A Bob Freitas Award by Baseball America (recognizing the club for achieving long-term success in Minor League Baseball). Such prestigious honors are made possible not just by the front office staff but by having exceptional interns as well.
Our program provides a number of students with an overall learning experience to include such areas as: Marketing/Promotions, Community and Public Relations, Ticket Operations, Stadium Operations, Ticket Sales and General Office Management. Our interns get the opportunity to experience each department over the entire summer to learn all aspects of the business and help to identify strengths and weaknesses as an individual.
In addition, Fisher Cats interns will work select Fisher Cats home games as part of our Game Day Staff. This creates an opportunity for the intern to interact with fans and to apply what they have learned in the office to actual game time situations. Some of the game day responsibilities include: ticket taker, usher, kid's area attendee, scoreboard, ticket office, sales-related positions, promotional handouts, on-field promotions, and production room assistance.
The Fisher Cats and the Blue Jays organizations are both highly respected throughout baseball and carry themselves with the utmost professionalism in what we do. We are in search of highly competitive, highly motivated individuals who have a clear commitment to a career in sports and entertainment venue marketing/management.
In order to help maintain a quality internship program, we have adopted a formal exit interview and evaluation process as well. Through this process, we can determine if our interns are leaving having had an exceptional experience. It is also an opportunity for us to gain valuable feedback that can be incorporated into future program planning. At the conclusion of an internship, every intern will be expected to participate in the formal exit interview process.
Application and Interview Process
In order to be considered for an internship position it is required that each candidate submits a formal application. A formal application consists of the following items:
-A letter of reference which a professor or employer of choice should write addressing skills acquired and general aptitude. These letters need to be sent as part of the application, not separately.
Please send all items to:
New Hampshire Fisher Cats
One Line Drive
Manchester, NH 03101
Attention: Tim Hough
Once all of the applications for an internship position are reviewed, we will interview candidates whose credentials, experience, and interests are most equivalent to the available internship position. All other candidates will be encouraged to re-submit an application the following year for reconsideration. Once chosen, we will conduct a series of interviews consisting of the following:
-Initial phone interview
-In-person interview with a front office staff member
(All candidates will be responsible for their own travel expenses to Manchester, NH for any in-person interviews. The department director or manager will contact candidates to schedule in-person interviews.)
We will strictly enforce an attendance policy for all interns. Internship hours will be discussed and agreed upon prior to hire. In the event the intern shows disregard for this policy, we do reserve the right to terminate the intern's employment at any time.
All office hours are for credit and experience only. You will be paid $25 per game that you work and for working Street Team.
The Fisher Cats will provide (1) meal to interns who are here the entire day through the game at night.
Please read below for a detailed description of the duties and responsibilities of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats Internship Program.
Marketing & Promotions
· Update Fan Photo Gallery on the website
· Prepare game day promotion props and giveaways
· Assist with in-game and on-field promotions
· Other general marketing & promotions duties
· Mail Donations
· Track Donation Inventory
· Attend school reading and charity programs
· Assist with mascot schedule
· Assist in research, planning & implementation of community events
· Compile and fax team rooming lists
· Other general Community Relations & Baseball Operations duties
· Process internet orders
· Receive ticket orders
· Cash handling responsibilities
· Group Mailing
· Will Call ticket processing
· General group and individual ticket operations
· Assist with the sale of group outings, catered outings, nightly suite rentals & birthday parties
· Assist with National Anthem bookings & the Baseball Buddies Program
· Assist with Fisher Cats Fundraising Program & Stadium Rental
· Group leader callbacks
· General group and individual ticket sales calls
· Cold calls to individuals selling various ticket packages/specials
· Assist with the maintenance of the stadium
· Assist with getting the ballpark prepared for events
· Assist with outside events hosted at the ballpark
· Assist with signage installation
· Other general Stadium Operation duties