2011 Eastern League All-Star Game
The annual All-Star Classic will be held at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on July 13, 2011. The 2011 All-Star Game will feature some of the top prospects and future stars from the Western Division (Altoona, Akron, Bowie, Erie, Harrisburg and Richmond) facing off against the best from the Eastern Division (Binghamton, New Britain, Portland, New Hampshire, Reading and Trenton). Each team is comprised of 24 players with all of the teams being represented by at least 1 pitcher and 1 position player. The players are selected through a combination of fan balloting, and selections from managers, media and team personnel.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
5:30pm - 10:00pm - HR Concepts Total Access All-Star Block Party
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
2:00pm - Gates Open
2:00pm - 2:45pm - Eastern Division Batting Practice
2:45pm - 3:30pm - Western Division Batting Practice
3:45pm - 4:45pm - Union Leader Autograph Session (Eastern & Western Division Teams)
5:00pm - 6:15pm - Bonneville & Sons Home Run Derby (First & Second Rounds)
7:05pm - First Pitch
Middle 2nd Inning - Bonneville & Sons Home Run Derby Finals
Post-Game - Atlas Fireworks Spectacular
Northeast Delta Dental Stadium held the 2008 Eastern League All-Star game on July 16, 2008 with a record 8,762 in attendance, shattering a previous record of 8,227 fans at the Fisher Cats/Erie SeaWolves game on June 16, 2007. During the second inning of the 2008 Northeast Delta Dental Eastern League All-Star Game, Travis Snider of the Fisher Cats defeated Lou Montanez of the Bowie Baysox, 7-6, in the final round of the 2008 Irving Oil Home Run Derby. Snider won a $1,000 grand prize, courtesy of Irving Oil, and one lucky fan - Jerry Salvucci of Litchfield, NH- was the recipient of a $500 gas card from Irving Oil. Montanez, the runner-up, received $500 from Irving Oil, and another fan - Bill Leslie of Madbury, NH- received a $250 gas card from Irving Oil.
Former Eastern League All Stars include:
- Aaron Hill - former Fisher Cat and current Toronto Blue Jays infielder
- Adam Lind - former Fisher Cat and current Toronto Blue Jays outfielder
- Travis Snider - former Fisher Cat and current Toronto Blue Jays outfielder
- Ryan Howard - Philadelphia Phillies first baseman and 2006 National League MVP
- David Eckstein - San Diego Padres shortstop, two-time World Champion, and 2006 World Series MVP
- Hanley Ramirez - Florida Marlins shortstop and 2006 National League Rookie of the Year
- Jonathan Papelbon - Boston Red Sox pitcher
- Vladimir Guerrero - Baltimore Orioles designated hitter
- Nomar Garciaparra - Former Red Sox shortstop
- Cleveland Indians outfielder
To secure your seat to the 2011 Northeast Delta Dental Eastern League All-Star Game CLICK HERE!
For more information surrounding the game or for sponsorship and volunteer opportunities available, please contact the Fisher Cats at 603.641.2005.