2011 All-Star Game
The 2011 "Strike Out Hunger" South Atlantic League All-Star Game presented by Perdue is coming to Arthur W. Perdue Stadium on June 21, 2011. The game will pitt the best players from the Northern Division against the premier talent from the Southern Division. The Shorebirds last hosted the marquee event during the 1999 season.
Ticket Pricing Information 2011 "Strike Out Hunger" All-Star Game tickets are currently available for purchase. The picnic pavilion ticket includes an hour and a half buffet prepared by the on site chef. Picnic Pavilion seats can only be purchased by calling 410-219-3112.
Former SAL All-Stars
The list of former South Atlantic League All-Stars that have gone on to have fantastic major league careers is long and distinguished. Former SAL All-Stars include: Nolan Ryan, Derek Jeter, Bob Gibson, Ryne Sandberg, Chipper Jones, Hank Aaron, Eddie Murray, Frank Robinson and more! The 2011 South Atlantic League All-Star Game is your chance to see the next crop of future major league stars.
Recent SAL All-Stars
The list of recent South Atlantic League All-Stars that have gone on to the major leagues is also star-studded. The list includes:
- Josh Hamilton ('00 - Charleston Riverdogs)
- Jason Heyward ('08 - Rome Braves)
- Madison Bumgarner ('08 - Augusta GreenJackets)
- Brad Bergesen ('07 - Delmarva Shorebirds)
- Elvis Andrus ('06 - Rome Braves)
- Brian Wilson ('05 - Augusta GreenJackets)
- Ben Zobrist ('05 - Lexington Legends)
- Eric Young, Jr. ('06 - Asheville Tourists)
- Andrew McCutchen ('06 - Hickory Crawdads)
- Fan Fest presented by Cheerwine and Strawberry Crush will begin at 2:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.
- 5:15, Home Run Derby - Watch the best power hitters in the South Atlantic League compete to be crowned home run derby champion.
- 7:00, Pre-Game Introductions/Ceremonies - Players will be introduced, ceremonial first pitches will be thrown and then the national anthem preceed the game.
- 7:30, First Pitch!