Grizzlies Baseball Camp
Want to learn from the pros? The Grizzlies Baseball Camp is the best place in the Central San Joaquin Valley to improve your skills in a fun environment with professional baseball players as instructors!
Boys and girls, ages 5 to 14, will have the opportunity to work with and meet Fresno Grizzlies players (Houston Astros prospects) and coaches during the two-day Fresno Grizzlies Baseball Camp on August 12 & 13, 2016 at Chukchansi Park. Day one will include a stretch-run-throw, offense and defense fundamentals, and hitting, while day two will include pitching and catching instruction, baseball games, autographs and an awards ceremony. Instructors include Grizzlies manager Tony DeFrancesco, Grizzlies coaches, and a group of Grizzlies players.
To register, please download the registration form and email it to Whitney Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the payment information filled out. The form and payment can also be mailed to ATTN: Whitney Campbell 1800 Tulare Street Fresno, CA 93721 or faxed to 559.264.0795 ATTN: Whitney Campbell.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I register my camper?
- The registration form on the website can be mailed, faxed or emailed to Whitney Campbell here.
What time does my child need to be dropped off each day?
- Please have your child at Chukchansi Park at least 15-minutes prior to the start time.
Will lunch be provided for the campers?
- Yes, campers will be provided lunch.
Where can I drop off and pick up my camper each day?
- All campers must be dropped off at the VIP Entrance located on H Street next to the Chukchansi Park Box Office. The registration table will set up just inside the lobby. There is 30-minute parking available directly in front of the Chukchansi Park Box Office that may be used to drop off your camper. However, if you are planning on staying to watch the camp, we ask that you park in the lot located directly across from Chukchansi Park on H Street.
- For your camper's safety, campers will not be allowed to leave the stadium until the person that has the "camp pass" arrives to pick them up. If someone else will be picking up your camper, please let the Camp Staff know at check-in.
- There will be a Grizzlies staff member monitoring and releasing your campers in the VIP Lobby at the conclusion of camp.
- If your camper is not picked up after the camp, he/she will be taken to the Administrative Offices located on the second floor of the stadium.
- If you will be late picking up your camper, please call the front desk at (559) 320-4487 so they can relay the message to the Camp Staff.
Can I stay and watch my camper?
- You are more than welcome to stay and watch your budding Major Leaguer during camp. You may stay for the entire day or just sneak a peek. If you would like to watch the camp, we ask that you enter the stadium through the VIP Entrance located next to the Chukchansi Park Box Office on H Street. We encourage you to watch your camper's progress, but we do ask that you are respectful to the camp instructors and other campers.
What should my camper bring?
- Baseball glove, mandatory (with the camper's name written on it)
- Baseball bat
- Sunscreen (please label it with your camper's name to be given to the Camp Staff. We are NOT allowed to give out sunscreen to children. We can ONLY apply sunscreen to a camper that has supplied his/her own and if his/her name is on the container.)
- Water will be provided to all campers. We encourage your camper to bring water and/or a sports drink. Please label it with his/her name.
- Rubber cleats are allowed on the field, but are not required (NO METAL CLEATS allowed).
What if it rains during the camp?
- The camp will go on regardless of weather.
What should I do with my camper's medications?
- If your camper is on medication that must be taken while at camp, please label the container with your camper's name and instructions for administering the medication for the Camp Staff. This includes any medications your child may need if he/she has an allergy, asthma, etc. that may be triggered during outdoor activities.
When will camp awards be given out?
- Awards will be given out on the last day of camp, after the last session.