Known as the Sparkling City by the Sea, Corpus Christi, Texas, has a population of approximately 300,000. Its residents experience a rich culture in the relaxed atmosphere of an historic coastal port. Beautiful beaches, great golfing, waterfront restaurants and excellent shopping are abundant.
Corpus Christi neighbors Padre Island, the longest barrier island in the nation, and is situated about halfway between Houston and the Mexican border. Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend region are popular vacation destinations and offer endless recreational opportunities.
+ + + + +
The Corpus Christi Hooks are looking for friendly faces to work as Part Time Retail Associates during the 2014 Season. As a retail associate, you will be a front line representative for the club in our in stadium retail store locations. This requires excellent customer service and communication skills. With games occurring at different times throughout the season, a flexible schedule is also a must.
This is a PART TIME/GAME DAY/SEASONAL position that requires daytime, nighttime, and weekend availability.
• Greets and acknowledges guests.
• Answers guests' questions and assists them whenever possible.
• Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests.
• Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
• Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
• Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
• Maintains records related to sales.
• Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
• Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
• Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
• Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
• Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
• Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mismarked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
• Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
• Completes all related close-out paperwork.
• Performs other duties as assigned, such as conducting inventory or loading and unloading merchandise.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Previous experience in cash handling.
• Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems.
• Previous experience in retail or customer service environment.
• Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's customer service standards.
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
• Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
• Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
To apply please send your resume to Daniel Sanchez, Retail Manager, Corpus Christi Hooks, 734 East Port Avenue, Corpus Christi, Texas, 78401. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Corpus Christi Hooks are an equal opportunity employer.
+ + + + +
For seasonal employment with the Corpus Christi Hooks, please stop by the Hooks Business Office during normal business hours (9am - 5 pm) to complete an application. We have limited openings for Kid Zone and Parking Attendants, Ushers and Greeters. We will conduct interviews in January for the upcoming season.
There are currently no other open full time positions with the Corpus Christi Hooks. However, those interested in joining our team may stop by the Hooks Business Office at Whataburger Field and fill out an application during normal business hours. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and department of interest to:
Corpus Christi Hooks Baseball
734 East Port Ave
Corpus Christi, TX 78401