2013 Playoff Schedule
2013 California League Playoff Schedule
The last day of the 2013 regular season is scheduled for Mon, Sept 2.
Tue, Sept. 3 is a scheduled off day, which will be used to schedule tiebreaker games, if necessary.
Each division will feature a Mini-Series which will be followed by a Division Finals.
- Game 1, Wed, Sept. 4: *Second-Half Champion (or #2 Seed) at #3 Seed
- Game 2, Thu, Sept. 5: #3 Seed at *Second-Half Champion (or #2 Seed)
- Game 3, Fri, Sept. 6: #3 Seed at *Second-Half Champion (or #2 Seed)
* #2 Seed if Second-Half Champion is also the First-Half winner
(2-2-1 format or 2-3 format if non-First-Half Champion is also #1 Seed)
- Game 1, Sat, Sept. 7: Mini-Series Winner at First-Half Champion
- Game 2, Sun, Sept. 8: Mini-Series Winner at First-Half Champion
- Game 3, Mon, Sept. 9: First-Half Champion at Mini-Series Winner
- Game 4, Tue, Sept. 10: First-Half Champion at Mini-Series Winner
- Game 5, Wed, Sept. 11: Game hosted by #1 Seed, which cannot be a non-Half Champion
California League Championship Series
(Rotating 2-3 Format)
- Game 1, Thu, Sept. 12: North Division at South Division
- Game 2, Fri, Sept. 13: North Division at South Division
- Game 3, Sat, Sept. 14: South Division at North Division
- Game 4, Sun, Sept. 15: South Division at North Division
- Game 5, Mon, Sept. 16: South Division at North Division
It is important for a Half Champion to be determined on the field, especially the First-Half Champion, since the First-Half Champion is guaranteed the first two games of the Division Series at home. The following scenario balances determining a winner on the field.
An additional regular season game to determine the First-Half Champion will be played according to the following scenario:
- 1) First game the two opponents meet in the Second Half will be designated a regular-season game to determine the First-Half Champion.
- 2) If the two teams do not meet within 30 days from the conclusion of the First Half, then the two teams will play on the first common off day in the Second Half.
An additional regular-season game to determine the Second-Half Champion or #3 Seed will be played only if a playoff berth is at stake, and will be played on the day after the regular season concludes. If the tying teams are already ensured of a playoff spot, then a game will not be played and the seeding will be determined by the tiebreaking procedure.
In the case of a two-way tie for a Half Champion or overall best record (#3 Seed), the home team for the playoff game will be determined using the following criteria:
- 1) Head-to-Head record
- 2) Winning percentage within the Division
- 3) Winning percentage versus 3rd place club(s)
- 4) Winning percentage versus 4th place club(s)
- 5) Winning percentage versus 5th place club
- 6) Winning percentage versus other Division
- 7) Coin flip
In the case of a three-way tie for a Half Champion or overall best record (#3 Seed), two of the three teams will be determined using the following tiebreaking procedure:
- 1) Head-to-Head record (cumulative winning percentage among the teams involved)
- 3) Winning percentage versus 4th place club(s)
- 4) Winning percentage versus 5th place club
- 5) Winning percentage versus other Division
- 6) Coin flip
The home team will be determined by the two-way tiebreaking procedure.