Countdown to Dragons 5K!
In 2016, the Dragons once again hosted one of the Miami Valley's biggest races with over 2,000 runners and walkers participating. "The race that pays you" is back and better than ever this year! With $75 worth of swag included when signing up, don't miss out on this awesome event!
Due to downtown construction, there will be two start times this year.
- • 8:00 a.m. - Group #1 will include all runners expecting to finish race under 35 min (11 min/mile pace)
- • 8:45 a.m. - Group #2 will consist of rest of runners and walkers expected to finish race over 35 min
*Official 5K start time will be printed on your race bib. To help with traffic flow, we ask participants to start in their assigned group.
*Caution: Because of the ongoing downtown construction, this year's race course will be tighter than normal at certain locations. Please be patient and respect other runners' space.
The 3.1 mile course starts at Fifth Third Field, winds through Deeds Point MetroPark and finishes on North Patterson Blvd across from the Fifth Third Field plaza.
- • Adults: $25 (before July 9 at midnight; $30 beginning on July 10)
- • Youth: $15 (must be 17 or under on July 15, 2017)
*All participants receive FOUR (4) lawn tickets to a future Dragons game, custom Dragons 5K t-shirt, Dragons hat, and entry to the post-race party inside Fifth Third Field.
- • Friday, July 14: 11am - 6pm
- • Saturday, July 15 (race morning): 7am-7:45am
- ○ Location: Fifth Third Field Plaza
As of noon on Thursday, July 13, online registration will close, but anyone interested in signing up can register at the Dragons Box Office during packet pick-up times.
All 5K participants will be electronically timed.
- • The top three 5K males and females will be awarded a custom Dragons 5K wooden engraved bat. Overall winners must start in the 8:00am group to be eligible for the top male and female awards.
- • The top three male and female runners in each of the following age groups (under 10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-65, 66-70, 71 and up) will be awarded a Dragons Den gift certificate.
Interested in volunteering for the Dragons 5K?
- • Over 30 volunteers needed on race day for a variety of tasks
- • All volunteers receive a Dragons t-shirt and hat
- • Each volunteer will receive two (2) lawn tickets to a future Dragons game
- • Event information will be e-mailed to volunteers a week prior to the event
- • Any questions about volunteering? Contact Alex Wilker at firstname.lastname@example.org