BayBears Backyard BBQ
The BayBears are hosting the first annual BayBears Backyard BBQ at Hank Aaron Stadium on November 9 and 10th 2013. The best amateur cooks in the area will battle it out over barbecue ribs, chicken and Boston butt!
In conjuction with the Alabama Barbeque Association teams will be judged by Fox 10 personalities along with other local media. Patrons of the Backyard BBQ can also cast their vote for $1 each and decide the MVP Peoples Choice. If you are a barbeque fan this is the place to be in November!
The days will also include an amazing classic car and motorcycle show, arts and crafts and live music. It is the perfect family outing. Tickets are only $10 per person per day and children 10 and under are free and parking is free. The festival hours are Saturday 10 a.m. til 7 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. til 5 p.m.
If you'd like to get tickets and or be a part of the craft fair call the BayBears at (251) 479-2327.
Enter a Team:
If you are interested in entering a team in the BayBears Backyard BBQ please contact the BayBears at (251) 479-2327.
- Teams are to provide 50 lbs. of meat (of any kind) for tastings, which will take place from 11 a.m. until samples run out.
- Teams may enter any/and or all categories - chicken, pork ribs, Boston butt and BBQ sauce.
- All fire must be of wood, pellets, gas or charcoal. Electric heat sources will not be permitted. Although, electric accessories such as spits, augers and forced draft are permitted.
- Teams shall provide all needed equipment and supplies.
- Check in begins Friday, November 8th 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. All teams must be in place by 7 a.m. on Saturday, November 9th.
- Each team will receive two t-shirts included in the entry fee. Additional shirts may be purchased for $15 each.
The entry fee is $100 and includes all divisions (chicken, ribs and Boston butt). Each team must fill out the form attached below by November 4th.