Join the Norfolk Tides Promotions Crew
Thursday, March 6 - 3:00 PM at Harbor Park
You are invited to attend an information session to learn more about joining the Norfolk Tides Promotions Crew. At this information session, you will meet the full-time members of the Promotions Crew and learn more about the various promotions the crew arranges at each Tides game. If you are a student and are looking for professional sports and/or promotions experience to add to your resume, this is a great opportunity for you and the Tides could use your help.
After this information session, the Tides will then select new members for the Promotions Crew for the 2014 season. You're encouraged to attend this information session because it is your best opportunity to join the crew or potentially obtain a different position with the Tides for the 2014 season.
- Send an e-mail to Jonathan Mensink (firstname.lastname@example.org) to say you'll be attending the session.
- When you come to Harbor Park, dress comfortably. It's possible that we'll go onto the field, so you'll want to wear clothes that can potentially get dirty.
- When you arrive at Harbor Park, please park in the parking lot between the light rail station and the ballpark. Please do not park in the parking spaces marked "30 minute parking - office business only" because there are not enough of these spaces to accommodate everyone. Once you've parked, enter the ballpark via the main entrance, which is the set of glass double doors facing Park Avenue. The Tides offices are just inside this entrance.
Norfolk Tides Promotions Crew Duties
The Norfolk Tides play 72 home games from April to September at Harbor Park in Norfolk. At each game, the promotions crew interacts with fans, finds contestants, handles props, participates in promotions, and adds to the fun ballpark atmosphere.
- Availability for all 72 home games (including weekday afternoon games, night games, weekend games, and games on holidays) is strongly preferred. The 2014 season begins April 3 and ends August 30 with possible playoff games continuing into September.
- Promotions Crew members must be energetic, outgoing, and interested in putting on a show.
- Promotions Crew members will be asked to handle large and sometimes bulky props. Plus, some promotions may require running, so crew members should be willing and able to perform light physical activity.
- Customer service experience is a big plus.
- Experience with cameras and taking photographs is a plus. Sometimes a crew member is tasked with taking proof of performance photos or photos of groups in attendance.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in professional sports and promotions. The Promotions Crew is what makes a night at the ballpark a night full of entertainment beyond the baseball game. This is your chance to be part of the show.