Host Families Needed
Host Family Program Overview:
For many years host families in our community have played an essential role in keeping baseball alive and well in the city of Auburn. The Host Family Program has helped hundreds of young men adjust to life as a professional baseball player by providing them with a welcoming home for the summer. The Auburn Doubledays hope you will help us continue this long-standing tradition.
Players' Backgrounds And Schedules:
Auburn Doubledays players are members of the Washington Nationals organization and have recently been drafted out of high school or college or signed from foreign countries. The Nationals send these players to Auburn to learn and develop their baseball and life skills. The players will spend a considerable amount of time at the ballpark, making time spent at the home minimal. During the regular season they will play 38 home games and 38 games on the road. These games will take place from Mid-June through early-September.
Why Do Players Request Host Families?
- Many of these players make a very low salary.
- Due to organizational transactions some players might be in Auburn for a brief amount of time and then leave on short notice.
- Finding an apartment for a 3-month lease is difficult.
- They spend very few hours at home.
- Host families help players adjust to life as a professional baseball player.
Host Family and Player Responsibilities:
- Players will need to have their own room (if hosting more than one player, two can share a room provided they have their own beds) and have access to a bathroom, laundry facility, and refrigerator.
- Players are required to provide food for themselves, but a home cooked meal every now and then is always appreciated.
- Rent is not required, but if you choose to do so, we ask that it is not more than $125 per month per player. If you chose not to charge rent you will receive one complimentary season ticket for each player hosted.
- The homeowner can have their own set of house rules.
- Some players may need help with transportation to and from home games, but it is not required.
- Players often arrive home late at night after games, so a side entrance may be beneficial.
The Auburn Doubledays and Washington Nationals hope you will consider opening your home to a player this season. If you're interested in being a host family for the upcoming season, please fill out the questionnaire below. Once completed, email us the form at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it of to the office at Falcon Park Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm. Please contact Adam Winslow at 315-255-2489 or email@example.com with any questions you may have. Host Family Questionnaire