Fireflies Reading Program
Here's how easy the Columbia Fireflies Reading Program can be for your school!
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS!
1. CONTACT THE FIREFLIES
- Review the enclosed material.
- Call the Fireflies with any questions.
2. SIGN UP
- Mail or Fax your Enrollment Form back to the Fireflies or sign-up below.
3. SET READING REQUIREMENTS
- Educators work with students to set requirements and goals. Goals can be set by number of books, number of pages, hours spent reading, etc.
- THE FIREFLIES READING PROGRAM CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR EXISTING PROGRAM.
- Lesson plans are available here.
4. TRACK STUDENT PROGRESS
- Track the progress of each student to Home Plate. All materials are provided by the Fireflies.
5. COMPLETE THE PROGRAM
- Distribute ticket order forms to students.
6. ENJOY YOUR DAY AT SPIRIT COMMUNICATIONS PARK
- Enjoy your complimentary ticket, hot dog and drink at a Fireflies baseball game!
- FIREFLIES APPEARANCE
- Schedule an appearance by the mascot.
- EASY-TO-START PROGRAM
- We provide all the materials you will need to run the program.
- FREE TICKET
- Educators get a free ticket to the game, too.
- Fun way to encourage reading development.
- Earn a free ticket to a Fireflies baseball game and a free ticket to EdVenture Children's Museum.
- GAME DAY REWARDS
- Receive hot dog, chips, drink, and grand prize at the game.
- ADDITIONAL TICKETS
- Discounts available for families of students who complete the program.
Enrollment for the 2017 Fireflies Reading Program presented by Palmetto Health Children's Hospital begins October 28. The deadline to enroll is December 9, 2016.