Reading for the Stars
The OKC Dodgers are partnering with Sonic to bring OKC "Reading for the Stars" for the 2017 season! Sonic and The Dodgers are encouraging children (grades K-4) to read weekly throughout the summer for a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime baseball game experience. We will announce ten winners over the course of the season. Each of the ten winners will receive a catered entertainment suite, accompanied with VIP experiences!
But there's more! Each of our Sonic Reading All-Stars will have their participation and hard work honored with two complimentary tickets to a Dodgers home game (Date TBD). Participation requires full completion of our interactive reading log. The Dodgers ask that readers spend 20 minutes a day reading for 5 days a week.
Here is how you can drop off your reading log(s) throughout the promotion period:
- Drop the log off at the Team Store during store hours (M-F 10am-5pm)
- Email the log to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail it into the ballpark at: Sonic Reading Program, 2 S. Mickey Mantle Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73104
- Or send your log via Facebook message to the Oklahoma City Dodgers
You can turn in up to three logs, one per segment. Your log will not carry into the following segment so read, read, read! The segment deadlines to turn in your log are listed below, so just like your homework, don't be late turning it in:
- May 3 for your chance to win one of the following suite nights - May 15, June 10 or June 16
- June 23 for your chance to win one of the following suite nights - July 5, July 13, July 19 or July 25
- July 19 for your chance to win one of the following suite nights - July 31, August 14 or August 28
Students could win*:
- An entertainment suite for 16 people
- A unique behind-the-scenes VIP tour of the ballpark
- The opportunity to throw out the ceremonial first pitch
- In-game recognition as the Sonic Reading for the Stars honoree
- An exclusive gift pack featuring Dodgers and Sonic items
So what are you waiting for? Crack open a book, or two, and let's "Sonic Blast" this reading out of the park!