Military Heroes Appreciation Nomination
Do you know an active duty or retired member of our Armed Forces? The Baysox want to salute them!
The Bowie Baysox are seeking nominations from members of the Maryland and Washington D.C. region for your Military Heroes to become part of a very special Military Heroes Baseball Card Set that will be given away to the first 1,000 Bowie Baysox Fans (ages 18 & up) entering the stadium on Friday, July 21, 2016 as part of Military Heroes Appreciation Night!
Nominate your Military Hero (active duty or retired) and tell us about their Military Career in the Armed Forces. Be sure to include their service history and awards/commendations and the Bowie Baysox will select approximately 20 submissions to be a part of the Military Heroes Baseball Card Set and to be honored for their service during the Baysox game on Friday, July 21.
MILITARY HEROES NOMINATION FORM
Once the Bowie Baysox have selected the Military Heroes to be included in the Baseball Card Set, the individuals that nominated the selected Military Heroes will be contacted personally by a member of the Bowie Baysox Staff. The Baysox may request additional information about the nominated Military Hero and may also request additional high resolution photographs of the nominated Military Hero for use on the baseball card.
Selection of the Military Heroes for the Baseball Card Set will be approximately May 1, 2017.
The following are rules & regulations to nominate your Military Hero:
• Complete all of the required information boxes on this online form and click Submit when finished.
• All information submitted via this form will be retained solely by the Bowie Baysox Baseball Club and will not be shared with any third party except the printer(s) of the Baseball Card Set.
• The Bowie Baysox Baseball Club will be the sole entity that will randomly select approximately 20 of the nominations for inclusion into the Military Heroes Baseball Card Set and to be honored during the selected game event.
Those selected for inclusion will be done so randomly based on the following set of criteria:
• All of the information required on the online form was submitted in full at the time of nomination.
• The Bowie Baysox will make every attempt to select an even number of nominations from each branch of the service, while also attempting to include Military Heroes that have served in different decades. These are subject to the information received during the nomination process.
• Nominations will close at 5:00 pm on Friday, April 21, 2017.
• All nominations must be submitted via the online form. No mailed, e-mailed, written or phone nominations will be accepted.
Military Heroes (or their families/relatives) that are included in the Baseball Card Set will be invited to attend the Bowie Baysox game on Friday, July 21, 2017 @ 7:05 pm to take part in ceremonies before and during the game. Each selected nominee will receive four (4) Box Seat Tickets to the aforementioned game and will also receive additional instructions prior to the game date.
Questions about the nomination process can be directed via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject MILITARY HEROES. No phone calls please.