FRITOS® BRAND MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL GM SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION. BY ENTERING THE FRITOS®BRAND MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL GM SWEEPSTAKES ("SWEEPSTAKES"), EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or Washington D.C., who are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least eighteen (18) years of age) at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Professional Baseball Promotion Corp. and the MLB Entities or any of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and or "step" of each) and those living in their same households (such persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three (3) months during the twelve-month period immediately preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs, Tickets.com, Inc., SportsOnEarth, LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, Washington D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time ("CT") on April 19, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on June 27, 2010 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period is separated into five (5) separate and distinct entry periods (each an "Entry Period") as outlined below. Each Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 a.m. CT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on the applicable dates as set forth below.
|Entry Period||Begins||Ends||Drawing Date|
|1||04/19/10||05/02/10||On or about 05/05/10|
|2||05/03/10||05/16/10||On or about 05/19/10|
|3||05/17/10||05/30/10||On or about 06/1/10|
|4||05/31/10||06/13/10||On or about 06/16/10|
|5||06/14/10||06/27/10||On or about 06/30/10|
Entrants to any Entry Period who do not win must re-enter in order to be eligible to win a subsequent Entry Period as nonwinning eligible entries from one Entry Period will not carry-over into any subsequent Entry Period. No entry submitted during one (1) Entry Period will constitute an eligible entry for any other Entry Period.
Online entry only -- any other form of entry is void. All entries must be received and recorded during the applicable Entry Period. MLBAM's time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void. All entries must include a valid email address for the entrant.
4. DRAWING: Following the conclusion of each applicable Entry Period, one (1) potential winner will be selected by random drawing to be held on or about each Drawing Date (set forth in Section 2 above) from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, family or household.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: FIVE (5) PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED (I.E. ONE (1) PRIZE PER ENTRY PERIOD): A trip for winner and one (1) guest to one of the following locations for a "GM Experience" as described below: Portland, ME ; Durham, NC; Memphis, TN; New Orleans, LA; Las Vegas, NV; or San Antonio, TX (each a "Host City"). Prize consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner's U.S. home to the applicable Host City), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (standard hotel room), admission for two (2) to one (1) 2010 regular season Minor League Baseball game to be played in the Host City during the trip (the "Game"), ground transportation between hotel and Game, and $1,525.00 (awarded to the winner in the form of a pre-paid debit card; subject to terms and conditions as stated on the debit card). In the event that a winner's home is located in close proximity (as determined by the Sponsor) to the event city selected by the winner, Sponsor reserves the right to provide alternate transportation to and from the winner's home to the event city with no further obligation to winner. The "GM Experience" consists of two (2) premium level seats at the applicable Minor League Baseball stadium during the Game; one (1) Minor League Baseball team replica jersey autographed by one (1) or more players determined by the applicable Minor League Baseball at its sole and absolute discretion (autograph(s) subject to availability); opportunity to attend team meetings and assist with on field promotions; a stadium tour; and an honorary General Manager certificate. Travel must be scheduled around the scheduled Game and on a date agreed upon by Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Travel must be completed by September 15, 2010. Winner's choice of location and travel dates must be approved by Sponsor, and final location and travel dates are at Sponsor's sole discretion. No more than three (3) winners may attend a game in the same city and only one (1) winner may attend the same Game. Travel and accommodations subject to availability and change. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging (other than stated above), transportation (other than stated above), meals, gratuities and all other expenses incurred by accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. Each winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner to be selected at random from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable Entry Period. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $3,915.00 each. Actual value depends on city/date/time of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes is $19,575.00.
Winner's companions must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minor League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined at the sole discretion of Minor League Baseball and/or the applicable Minor League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Minor League Baseball, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner(s) and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable stadium regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MiLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner(s) and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Minor League Baseball game, event or exhibition. There shall be no compensation or prize substitution if a prize winner or travel companion is unable to use prize game tickets or other components of the prize by reason of illness, family emergency, personal events, terrorism, labor strikes, weather, or other acts beyond the control of Sponsor or any of the other Promotion Parties.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or the other Promotion Parties resulting from entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the other Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or phone service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the phone network, Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties are not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site or any typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of any Sweepstakes entries, the announcement of prizes in these Official Rules or in connection with any other Sweepstakes-related materials. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment or phone resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) (1) to release Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (3) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and (4) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, each winner (a) agrees that the Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (or any portion thereof) and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, MLBAM, and each of their respective designees the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and MLBAM, as applicable, reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and Sponsor may disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action and/or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation or termination, Sponsor may elect to identify winner and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation or termination. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE SPONSOR AND MLBAM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES FROM AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner will be notified by phone, mail or email (in the sole discretion of Sponsor). In the event that any potential winner does not respond to any such prize notification within three (3) days of date of issuance, a disqualification will result, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable Entry Period. If any attempted prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner cannot be verified, if any prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, may be awarded to an alternate potential winner chosen from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable Entry Period. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence will be awarded to a minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all documents. The potential winners may be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to Sponsor and will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of prize notification. Each potential winner's guest will also be required to complete, sign and return a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within the same time period. If a guest is a minor, the Liability Release must be completed by the minor guest's parent or legal guardian and minor guest must be traveling with his/her parent or legal guardian on the prize trip. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return the required documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period.
9. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received between June 30, 2010 and July 30, 2010 to: FRITOS® brand Minor League Baseball™ GM Sweepstakes Winner's List, PO Box 750458, El Paso, TX 88575-0458.
10. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024-4099.
All Minor League Baseball trademarks are used by Frito-Lay, Inc. under license by Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.
This Contest is not sponsored, produced or executed by any MLB Entity.