"The mission of the Minor League Baseball Green Team (MiLBGT) is to develop a nationwide 'green' program for Minor League Baseball, its member clubs and fans focused on education and information about green principles and practices. MiLBGTs vision is to enhance our industry by providing tools that when used at the ballpark and beyond will contribute to healthier environments for the communities in which we live and work."
Together, Minor League Baseball clubs and our 42 million fans, we can make a difference.
The U.S. produces enough trash daily to equal the weight of the Empire State Building. (WebEcoist)
MiLB clubs and players have been making great strides in their own green initiatives. See what's being done to further the cause.
Pitch InBy simply changing your landscape to a GreenScape, over time you can save time and money and protect the environment.
- Save money by eliminating unnecessary water and chemical use
- Save time by landscaping with plants that require less care
- Protect the environment by conserving water supplies, using chemicals properly and only when necessary to keep waterways and drinking water clean and reducing yard waste by recycling trimmings into fertilizer and mulch.
- Missoula Osprey – Environmental Awareness Night (July 28)
- Missoula Osprey – Captain Cleanup (Every Game)
- Missoula Osprey – Bike to the Ballpark (Every Tuesday)
- Tulsa Drillers – Presented by City of Tulsa: Focus on the Four (Every Tuesday)
- Albuquerque Isotopes – Roadrunner Food Bank Food Recycling (TBD)