Skip to main content
- 27 Ways to Conserve Energy
- 66 Ways to Save Energy
- Alliance to Save Energy (ASE) – The ASE promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and energy security.
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) – The ACEEE, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
- ENERGY STAR – ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.
- Federal Trade Commission Home Energy Savings
- Home Energy Saver Energy Calculator
- International Institute for Energy Conservation (IIEC) – The IIEC applies a global knowledge base and experience to customize local sustainable solutions that are replicable and adaptable, to make a global mainstream impact toward sustainable development and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) – The NRDC works to safeguard the earth – its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depend.
- United States Department of Energy (DOE) – The DOE ensures America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – The EPA leads the nation’s environmental science, research, education and assessment efforts.
- Conservatree – Conservatree offers expert advice and leadership on paper choices.
- Earth911 – Earth911 creates a community that helps consumers find their own shade of green, match their values to their purchase behavior, adopt environmentally sound practices and drive impactful environmental changes.
- National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR) – NAPCOR promotes the introduction and use of PET packaging; facilitates its recycling; and communicates the attributes of the PET container as an environmentally sustainable package.
- National Recycling Coalition (NRC) – The NRC partners with and facilitates activities between and among non-profit organizations (NGO’s), businesses, trade associations, individuals and government to maintain a prosperous and productive American recycling system that is committed to the conservation of natural resources.
- Recycling Advocates – Recycling Advocates is Oregon's only citizen-based, grassroots group dedicated to creating a sustainable future through local efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Quill.com – You can recycle your old ink/toner cartridges with Quill.com’s E-Waste Rebate Program.
- Verizon Wireless – You can recycle your old devices (smartphone, tablet, basic phone, jetpack, netbook) with Verizon Wireless’ Device Recycling Program.
- Extremely Green – Extremely Green is an online source for organic gardening supplies.
- Planet Natural – Planet Natural is the store for people seeking environmentally safe, effective products and solutions for their home and gardens.
- Greenacres – Landscaping with native plants.
- GreenScapes – GreenScapes provides cost-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for landscaping.
- Wild Ones – Wild Ones continues to lead the natural landscaping movement as we explore, teach, and change the practice of gardening in our communities and around the country to using native plants.
- Eartheasy – Eartheasy helps people improve their quality of life by offering information and products for sustainable living.
- Green Seal – Green Seal develops life cycle-based sustainability standards for products, services and companies and offer third-party certification for those that meet the criteria in the standard.
- Quantity Quotes – Quantity Quotes is a fast, easy-to-use tool enables everyone, from multifamily building owners and managers to schools and universities to utilities, to easily purchase large quantities of green, ENERGY STAR and WaterSense qualified products.
ADVOCACY & EDUCATION
- American Rivers – American Rivers protects wild rivers, restores damaged rivers, and conserves clean water for people and nature.
- Environment America – Environment America is a federation of state-based, citizen-funded environmental advocacy organizations.
- Environmental Defense Fund – Environmental Defense Fund’s mission is to preserve the natural systems on which all life depends.
- Friends of the Earth – Friends of the Earth defends the environment and champions a healthy and just world.
- Green Education Foundation – Green Education Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to creating a sustainable future through education.
- INFORM – Inform is a national non-profit that produces short films designed to educate the public about the effects of human activity on the environment and human health.
- League of Conservation Voters Education Fund – League of Conservation Voters Education Fund works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities, by educating the public, media and elected officials about key environmental issues, working to increase voter participation in the democratic process and mobilizing a diverse network of activists to advocate for sound environmental policies.
- Save Our Environment – Save Our Environment is a collaborative effort of the nation's most influential environmental advocacy organizations harnessing the power of the internet to increase public awareness and activism on today's most important environmental issues.
- Environmental Education – Environmental Education increases public awareness and knowledge about environmental issues or problems.
GOING GREEN FOR KIDS