International League playoff procedures
Tie in the final standings
If two teams finish the regular season in a tie for first place within their division and both teams will advance to the Governors' Cup playoffs, the teams will be considered division co-champions and the following tiebreaker format will be used to determine which team enters the postseason as the division champion and which will enter as the wild card. If only one team will advance to the Governors' Cup playoffs, the two teams shall play one game the next day after the regular season concludes to determine their final standing. The additional game will be considered an extension of the championship season.
The following tiebreaker format will be used to determine where the game will be played. Any tie in the standings for the wild card position will be broken using this criteria and not play-in games. Should a tie in the standings exist between more than two teams with two teams to advance, the tie will be resolved by first applying the tiebreaker criteria to determine the division champion.
1) The team with the most wins in the head-to-head season series;
2) The team with the highest winning percentage during intradivisional play;
3) The team with the highest winning percentage against the other two division winners;
4) The team with the greatest differential of runs scored and runs allowed during the season;
5) Should the run differential also be tied, the President of the League will flip a coin to make the determination.