• 1st half champions have option to begin playoffs at home park or on the road -- option must be exercised within 7 days.
• Rainouts in 1st half are not made up in the 2nd half.
Rainouts are made up by playing a doubleheader on next day/night, but if rainout occurs on get-away date, doubleheader is played on next available date that occurs during the same half-season in the originally scheduled city. If no series remain in the originally scheduled city the game is re-scheduled as a double header at the original visiting club city.
Club possesses duty to make every effort to make up rained out games.
Double headers played during the regular season shall consist of two seven (7) inning games.
• Ties are broken according to tie-breaking rules below, as established by League Directors and published herein.
• The playoff schedule must be followed as planned, except where rain or other exigencies occur.
• In the event of a rainout in game one of the playoff or Championship series, all efforts shall be made to play game one in the same ballpark on the next day/night, followed by travel to opponent's park for a double-header to complete the series.
In the event game one is rained out on second night in original first game ballpark, both teams shall travel to opponent's city for a one-game playoff.
In the event game one is played but game two is rained out, a double-header shall be played on the date of scheduled game three.
In the event of a rainout in game three or games two/three doubleheader on the day/night scheduled for game three, all efforts shall be made to complete the series on the off day following the playoff series or the day immediately following the Championship Series.
In the event the playoff or Championship series ends with a club having won one game, the club shall be declared the winner of the series.
In the event the series ends with the opposing clubs tied in playoff victories, or in the event no games may be played during the playoff or Championship series, winners of the series shall be decided according to the tie-breaking rules established by League Directors and published herein.
• Double-header games played during the playoff and Championship series shall consist of nine (9) innings in length.
• In the event that a playoff and/or Championship series cannot be conducted according to the above-described format as a result of exigent circumstances, the League President shall seek an alternative arrangement agreed upon by the respective Farm Directors, but in the event no agreed alternative can be reached, the League President shall declare and implement a process to declare a Champion of The Pioneer Baseball League.
If two teams tie for the first half title with exactly the same winning percentage, the following tie breaking rules are used to determine the first half champion:
- 1. Head to head records between the two teams tied;
- 2. Overall won/loss percentage in Division games during the first half;
- 3. Overall record; and
- 4. Coin flip by League President.
If two teams tie for the second half title with exactly the same winning percentage, the following tie breaking rules are used to determine the second half champion:
- 1. Head to head records between the two teams tied during entire season;
- 2. Won/loss percentage in Division games during entire season;
- 3. Won/loss percentage in overall play during the entire season; and
- 4. Coin flip by League President.
Should one team win the first half outright and tie for the second half championship, the team that tied for the lead in the second half will gain a wild card berth. In the case of one team winning both halves, a wild card team will be the team with the best overall record during the entire season.