The Food & Beverage department of the Richmond Flying Squirrels, which is comprised of the concession stands, portable carts and walk-around vendors, has some job openings remaining. Some of the positions most frequently in need are as follows:
Vendortainers: commissioned vendors who wear costumes and walk through the ballpark selling items such as cotton candy, peanuts, and hot dogs.
Cooks, Kitchen Staff: prepares and cooks food and acts as sales support for the needs of the stand or cart.
Concession Stand Cashiers: operates registers and assembles the customer's orders. Cart Operators: operating carts that serve items such as beer, sausage, and Dippin' Dots.
Support Crew: responsible for keg replacement and transporting full and empty kegs during games. Also finds, fills, and transports dry, cooler, and freezer stock from stockrooms to stands or carts as needed.
To be considered for employment, all potential applicants should return via e-mail (Clint Chamberlain- Assistant Director of Food & Beverage) the following questions and their responses.
1. Your name:
2. Best phone number to reach you:
3. Position(s) that interest you:
4. Are you aware that the Richmond Flying Squirrels conduct drug testing and, if employed, that you would also be subject to additional testing at any time?
5. Please note the Richmond Flying Squirrels conduct background checks on prospective staff members. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic offense? If yes, please explain.
6. Generally, Food & Beverage staff report to work between 90 minutes to 2 hours before the game's scheduled start time. However, some accomodations can be made for those applicants who can only be available less than 90 minutes prior. Have you reviewed the home game schedule (at www.squirrelsbaseball.com) and confirmed that you have minimal conflicts and will be available to work most games?
7. Do you have reliable transportation to and from work?
8. Are you at least 18 years of age?
9. What type of experiences have you had that would benefit you as a member of our Food & Beverage team?
10. What is your definition of good customer service?
11. What is something that you have accomplished or are most proud of and why?
12. What is your biggest weakness?
13. Why do you want to be part of the Richmond Flying Squirrels?
14. Why should the Richmond Flying Squirrels hire you?
15. What does "Have FUNN! Go NUTS!" mean to you?
Job applications and questions can be sent to Clint Chamberlain- Assistant Director of Food & Beverage.
please print a copy of our application and either email that along with the questions, or if selected for an interview, submit it at that time. Click here to download a job application.