Bowling Green, KY - The Bowling Green Hot Rods, Class A Affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, introduced the details surrounding a highly anticipated promotion coming to Bowling Green Ballpark this weekend. On Sunday, May 30, the Hot Rods will celebrate Super-Mega-Prize-A-Thon by giving away over 100 diverse and random prizes during their game against the Fort Wayne TinCaps (San Diego Padres) at 5:05 PM. The giveaway items will range from useful to wacky and all points in between.
"Super-Mega-Prize-a-Thon was dreamed up to make fans laugh and smile and give them a memorable ballpark experience," said Hot Rods GM and CEO Brad Taylor. "Our team partners have provided some amazing and unique prizes, and it'll be entertaining to see how the fans react as each one is awarded."
Some of the prizes fans can win include:
- A wedding band featuring 11 Melee diamonds compliments of Morris Jewelry
- Hissing cockroaches (with feeding instructions) and a Quarterly Exterior Service thanks to Action Pest Control
- A free night's stay in the Ambassador Jacuzzi Suite at Baymont Inn & Suites
- A prize pack from the National Corvette Museum including a family admission pass
- Free haircuts, hair care products, and two ticket vouchers to the Great Clips 300 at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- A Mickey Mantle replica jersey compliments of Grubbmasters Card Shop
- Four family packs to Dinosaur World
- 467 Hershey's Kisses compliments of Koch Air, sponsor of the Hot Rods Kiss Cam
- 100 Kentucky State Fair pins
- A Fulmer Full-Face, DOT-approved motorcycle helmet (valued at $179.95) courtesy of Lost River Power Sports
- A dozen golf balls thanks to Junior Achievement
- An American flag courtesy of Modern Woodmen of America
- Books, t-shirts and coolers compliments of Baseball America
- Assorted sporting goods, including an NBA basketball, football, volleyball, and two baseball gloves, thanks to Spalding and Russell Athletic.
- 12 seat cushions courtesy of Bowling Green Independent Schools
- Bookmarks thanks to the Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart
- A set of crutches compliments of Western Kentucky Orthopaedic & Neurological Associates
- Grocery prize packs from Houchens Markets and Crossroads IGA including bath tissue, dog treats, cleaning products, and a jumbo bag of suckers
- 100 packets of Biofreeze from Body Works Chiropractic
- 250 popsicles from Purity (all to one recipient; winner cannot use ballpark freezers)
- Gift certificates to SUBWAY®, Olive Garden, Spa Fabulous, and other Bowling Green area businesses
"This is an exciting opportunity for Hot Rods fans," said Greg Coleman, Hot Rods Assistant General Manager of Sales & Marketing. "We've given away plenty of prizes this season, but we've never had a single game offer so many chances for fans to win."
The Hot Rods begin a 13-game home stand on Tuesday, May 25, against the South Bend Silver Hawks (Arizona Diamondbacks). The first game of the home stand is one of six games that will benefit Warren County Parks and Recreation. Any fan that purchases a regularly-priced $10 box seat ticket for that night's game using the promotional code "WCPARKS" (use all caps) will help recover Warren County parks damaged by recent flooding. For the complete list of dates and a full listing of upcoming promotions, visit www.bghotrods.com.
For more information please contact Tom Gauthier with the Hot Rods at (270) 901-2121 ext. 219