"Although the front office makes no player personnel decisions, LeBron is pretty popular," said RedHawks Executive Director John Allgood. We'd sell a lot of tickets!"
It is unknown if James has any baseball experience.
"He is a phenomenal, versatile talent," said team representative Jason Black. "And we believe he can help us win a championship."
The team currently has a 3 1/2 game lead.
Many NBA teams are lining up to make offers to the star with a contract that will be worth millions. In lieu of a multi-million dollar contract, the RedHawks are prepared to make the following offer:
- Access to a luxury suite at least one game per home stand.
- Free housing in 1,500 square foot rental property located in Harrah, Okla. Yes, free.
- Groundskeeper Monte McCoy will mow the lawn of said property.
- Will offer a new hot dog at the popular "Dog Pound" called the LeBratwurst, with toppings of Mr. James choosing.
- Throw out the ceremonial first pitch every night.
- All James runs will count as two and homeruns will be three (Pending league approval).
- Entitled to all free promotional giveaways, including replica jersey (one size fits all) on July 30.
- Upon arrival, RedHawks will change Family 4 Pack ticket option to Family 6 Pack in honor of James new number.
- Four tickets to our "All You Can Eat" section.
- Gift certificates from local businesses.
The RedHawks are contemplating making similar offers to Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Brian Scalabrine.