CHARLESTON, SC - As literally thousands of fans can attest, the Charleston RiverDogs baseball experience is much more than just the action on the field.
Part of the overall fan experience is the multiple concession opportunities, which have drawn Food Network star Rachel Ray and Travel Channel luminary Adam Richman to Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park to sample the variety of delicacies. Whether it's at the Doghouse, Dogworld, the Pie House or the newly-christened Nacho House and Joe's Bar and Grille, fans can always find something to satisfy their every craving.
And this year, another unique item has been added to the fan-favorite hot dog menu: the Pig-on-a-Stick. This creation - a foot-long, bacon-wrapped corn dog - is the culmination of meticulous work in the RiverDogs' top-secret test kitchen and thorough scouring of multiple state fairs and circuses for new ideas.
John Schumacher, the food guru for the RiverDogs' ownership ensemble, The Goldklang Group, credits the club's crack concessionaires and said the new Pig-on-a-Stick is "sure to satisfy your daily swine urge."
And there's plenty more:
The Nacho House, which was formerly the Smokehouse, now features four new items:
· Chipotle Chicken Nachos: The Chipotle Chicken Nacho consists of Chicken Tinga, our own special Southwest Bean Mix, queso cheese, pico de gallo and sweet chili sauce;
· Vegetarian Nachos: This healthy nacho option consists of our Southwest bean mix, queso cheese sauce, pico de gallo and sweet chili sauce;
· All-American Nachos: This All-American classic consists of spicy Southwestern beef, yellow nacho cheese, salsa and jalapenos;
· The Kitchen Sink Nacho: The name says it all for this signature item. We throw everything we possibly can onto the aptly named Kitchen Sink Nacho which consists of pulled pork, chicken tinga, Southwestern beef, two types of cheeses, Southwest bean mix, BBQ and sweet chili sauce and pico de gallo. This mountain of a meal feeds two, in case you think you can wolf it down on your own!
Joe's Bar and Grille, which was most recently called the Vendor Village, now features:
· The Homewrecker Hot Dog: This ballpark classic makes its debut in a new area in 2011 (although the Homewrecker is also still available in Dogworld);
· The Monster Burger: When a regular sized hamburger simply won't cut it;
· The Monster Pimento Pickle Burger: The RiverDogs' new signature hamburger
is a "monsterpiece" that is served with a slathering of pimento cheese and topped off with fried pickle chips;
· Fat Tire Draft Cart: One can now enjoy the great taste of Fat Tire beer on draft at our new Fat Tire Draft Cart;
· The Pickle Dog: Returning for its second season, the world-famous Pickle Dog will again be offered as a featured item Joe's Bar and Grille (also featured at Dogworld);
· Philly Cheese Steak/Brat Cart: Enjoy these two tasty classics at our new portable stand and they're served with cheese, onions and peppers. However, if you can't decide between a bratwurst and a Philly Cheese Steak, why not have both? The Brat Cheese Steak offers the best of both worlds. A juicy brat topped with Philly meat, cheese, onions and peppers will most certainly cure your hunger pains.
A new Funnel Cake cart will showcase:
· Fried Ice Cream: Want some "hot" ice cream? Try our new fried ice cream option at our funnel cake cart;
· The Home Run: Can't decide between a funnel cake and fried ice cream? Why not have both? The Home Run consists of a fresh funnel cake topped with fried ice cream.
The Doghouse returns in its entirety and features:
· Pig-on-a-Stick: A bacon-wrapped corndog is a foot long and is wrapped in Texas bacon and fried to perfection;
· Sweet Potato Fries: Another new item that is worthy of a try.
While the selections on the Riley Park concourse are more than appealing to even the most refined ballpark palettes, the level of satisfaction reaches new heights at The Joe - both literally and figuratively - high atop the field in the luxurious Sky Suites. Enjoy the game from an air-conditioned atmosphere while sampling the elite in ballpark delights:
· Signature Hot Dog Platter: Enjoy 24 of The Joe's signature hot dogs. Mix and match among the RiverDog, Bulldog, Dixie Dog and Yankee Dog;
· Sushi Platter: This platter comes with 36 pieces of sushi and one may choose from California Roll Sushi or Crab Sushi (or mix them up);
· Rib Platter: Enjoy a platter of savory ribs slathered in our signature BBQ sauce;
· Combo Platters: Mix and match your all-time favorite platters from:
o Half Hot Dog- Half Chicken Tender Platter;
o Half Hot Dog- Half Hamburger Platter;
o Half Chicken Wings- Half Chicken Tenders Platter;
· Gourmet Cupcakes: Indulge in the Sweet Street gourmet cupcakes we are offering this year.
Opening day is set for this Friday, April 15, when the Rome Braves visit Riley Park for the beginning of a four-game series. This game is one of several on the RiverDogs' annual calendar that sells out, so fans are encouraged to get their tickets early. In order to do so, please contact the Box Office at (843) 577-DOGS (3647) or order them online at www.riverdogs.com.