(Reading, Pa.)---In 2010, the Reading Phillies announced their top ten promotions. The next season, the team released even more fun-filled promotions by presenting a top twenty list. In what can only be described as an all-star slate of exciting nights and must-have giveaways, the R-Phils have upped the ante once more.
Our staff has really worked hard this offseason putting together this jam-packed promotional schedule, said R-Phils General Manager Scott Hunsicker. I think our fans will be very excited to see what we have in store for the 2012 season.Last week, the Reading Phillies announced the first five of their top 30 promotions of the 2012 season. As part of the six-part series, the R-Phils are pleased to announce part six, promotions number 1 through 5.
1. Baseballtown All-Star Classic featuring the largest Fireworks display of the season-For the first time since 1974, the Eastern League All-Star Game will be coming to Baseballtown. On Wednesday, July 11, the Reading Phillies will be hosting the Baseballtown All-Star Classic where all-stars from the Eastern (Binghamton, New Britain, New Hampshire, Portland, Reading, and Trenton) and Western Division (Akron, Altoona, Bowie, Erie, Harrisburg, and Richmond) will face off against each other. Each team is compromised of at least one pitcher and one position player from each Eastern League team. The teams are selected through a combination of fan balloting and selections from managers, media, and team personnel.
Over the years, Reading has been represented in the Eastern League All-Star game by players such as Ryan Howard, Pat Burrell, Vance Worley, and other major league talent.
Baseballtown All-Star Classic events are sponsored by All-Star Distributing, Susquehanna Bank, Bettys Salads, Crowne Plaza Reading, Service Electric, Penske, Rock Hits Y102, 830 AM WEEU, 69 WFMZ TV, and Reading Eagle.
2. Opening Night Double Header Double Bobble Head with Ryan Howard and the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor, Tribute to Deputy Sherriff Kyle Pagerly-In December, a mysterious riddle surfaced regarding the 2012 seasons opening night giveaway. Many fans attempted to solve the mystery, and in January, the Reading Phillies announced that a very unique Ryan Howard and Crazy Hot Dog Vendor double bobblehead will be given away to the first 2,500 adults 21 and over courtesy of All-Star Distributing/Coors Light. The duo both made their first appearance at FirstEnergy Stadium in 2004, with the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor famously surprising Howard at the 2006 Baseballtown Winter Banquet. Along with the double bobblehead, fans are going to get twice the fun on Opening Night, as the R-Phils will be playing the Portland Sea Dogs in a doubleheader.
During the first game, the R-Phils will be wearing jerseys honoring the late Deputy Sherriff Kyle Pagerly, with proceeds from a jersey auction and raffle benefitting the Kyle Pagerly Memorial Charity Fund. There will also be a ceremony between the games to pay tribute to Pagerly thanks to Rock Hits Y102.
3. Carlos Ruiz Chooching Train, Senior Club Chat Session with Kings and Queen of Baseballtown-Last season, sounds of Chooooooch filled FirstEnergy Stadium when the Reading Phillies gave away a Carlos Ruiz Chooching Owl. In 2012, another Chooching giveaway will be rolling around the tracks as the first 3,000 adults 15 and over will receive a Carlos Ruiz Chooching Train thanks to FirstEnergy on Tuesday, August 14th.
All Senior Club members are also invited to a Senior Club Chat Session with the Kings and Queen of Baseballtown starting at 5:00 p.m.
4. Harry Kalas Talking Bobblehead, Tribute to the Philadelphia Phillies featuring FREE photos with BOTH the 1980 and 2008 World Series Trophies-One of baseballs all-time greatest announcers will be featured in bobble head form as the R-Phils give away a Harry Kalas Talking Bobblehead to the first 3,000 adults 15 and over courtesy of Unique Pretzels on Monday, August 27th. Kalas started his Phillies announcing career in 1971 and was awarded the Ford C. Frick Award in 2002 by the National Baseball Hall of Fame, recognizing a broadcaster for major contributions to baseball.
In addition to the Harry Kalas Talking Bobblehead, Phillies fans will be able to take a free photo alongside the 1980 and 2008 World Series Trophies thanks to 830 AM WEEU. The R-Phils will also be paying homage to the history of its parent club, the Philadelphia Phillies, throughout the night.
5. Vance Worley Vanimal Garden Gnome-Beginning in 2010, the R-Phils started a tradition that saw the team celebrate former R-Phils standouts in one of the most unconventional ways in Minor League Baseballa garden gnome. It started with Ryan Howard. Then, in 2011, both Howard and starting pitcher Cole Hamels were recognized. This season, its Vance Worleys turn as CJ's Tire and Automotive Services present the Vance Worley Vanimal Garden Gnome to the first 2,500 fans 15 and over on Wednesday, July 25. Worley last played in Reading during the 2010 season, where he was 9-4 with a 3.20 ERA. He was named to the Eastern League All-Star team in 2009 and 2010.
6. Baseballtown All-Star Home Run Derby and Autograph Session to benefit the United Way of Berks County- Whether it be online or around the county, people have already started talking about the Baseballtown All-Star Home Run Derby and Autograph Session to benefit the United Way of Berks County on Tuesday, July 10. The Baseballtown All-Star Classic is presented by Van Bennett Food Company, All-Star Distributing, Susquehanna Bank, Crowne Plaza Reading, Service Electric, and The Works/Building 24.
As part of the event, Eastern League All-Stars will be paired with United Way partner as they compete in the on-field hitting challenge. Prior to the hitting challenge, the players will be signing autographs at the tables of their respective partner agencies in the VIST Financial Plaza. Courtesy of Penske Truck Leasing, each partner agency will also receive a block of tickets in the left and right field grandstands.
During this unique hitting challenge, players will be trying to hit select targets around the field to earn points. As seen in the video, targets include outfield dunk tanks, R-Phils fanatics jumping on a trampoline, and pink flamingo yard ornaments sprinkled around the outfield. Conversely, there will be obstacles hitters will want to avoid in order to not lose points. The Reading Phillies mascots will be scattered around the field, trying to snag balls hit by the all-stars. For each ball the mascots catch, the hitter will be penalized with negative points.
While the hitting challenge is going on, an exclusive VIP party will actually take place right on the infield. These VIP quests will be protected by a net as they party away with homerun balls sailing over their heads. The VIP Infield Party will connect with the Fairgrounds Square Mall Third Base Picnic Area and is SOLD OUT.
On the field, the VIP guests will partake in a special "Food Show" with food stations provided by Adelphia Seafood, Berks Packing, Panevino, and Pepsi, with All-Star Distributing hosting an open bar. At the picnic area, there will be a buffet consisting of barbecued ribs, barbecued chicken, hot dogs, baked ziti, BBQ sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, corn on the cob, pasta and potato salad, lemonade, iced tea, and Pepsi products.
Grammy Award-winning musician and Berks County resident David Cullen will also be performing uncomfortably close to the pitcher's mound in a protected area as he entertains fans and all-stars in attendance.
7. Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Soap Dispenser, Kids Club Free Ticket with Princess Tea Party and Pirate Hornswoggle Party, Run the Bases, Dollar Dogs All summer long, the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor throws hundreds of hot dogs for Reading Phillies fans. Every now and then, though, the hot dog packets go awry and ketchup and mustard ends up everywhere. That being said, the R-Phils will be giving away a Crazy Hot Vendor Soap Dispenser to the first 2,000 kids 14 and under on Sunday, July 29 thanks to Redners Warehouse Markets.
The game is also a Kids Club Free Ticket game where members are invited to a pre-game Princess Tea and Pirate Hornswoggle Party at 4:00 p.m. As with all Kids Club Sundays, hot dogs are just $1 at concession stands. Everyone can also run the bases after the game.
8. 4th Annual Gluttony Night, All-You-Can-Eat at the Concession Stands, Fan Appreciation Night with Prize Tables and Prize Grab, Kids Club Free Ticket with Pre-Game On-Field Candy Grab Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd, buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks and hot dogs and burgers and funnel cakes. Monday, August 13th is the 4th Annual Gluttony Night where its all-you-can-eat at concession stands through the stadium from 5:00 p.m. to the end of the 7th Inning Stretch courtesy of All Star Distributing/Pabst. On behalf of Rock Hits Y102, its also Fan Appreciation Night where fans can visit prize tables located in VIST Financial Plaza to try to win exciting gifts from R-Phils sponsors. There will also be a prize grab. Kids Club members can also partake in the festivities as there will be an exclusive candy grab at 6:00 p.m.
9. Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Tooth Brush Holder, Kids Club Free Ticket with All Kids Club Members Hit a Baseball at Home Plate, Grandparent-Grandchild Tribute Day with Grand Prize Vacation Giveaway to Wildwood, Run the Bases, Dollar Dogs After eating all those hot dogs, the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor makes sure to brush his teeth each and every day. So, on Sunday, July 15th, the R-Phils will be giving away a Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Tooth Brush Holder to make sure he doesnt lose his tooth brush. All Kids Club members better start practicing their swing as all members will be able to hit a ball from home plate starting at 11:00 a.m. Like all Sundays, fans can run the bases after the game and purchase hot dogs for only $1 each!
The Reading Phillies are also welcoming all grandparents and grandchildren to the game because the team will be honoring them during an on-field ceremony as part of Grandparent and Grandchild Tribute Day. One lucky pair of grandparents and grandchildren will receive a Vacation Giveaway to Wildwood thanks to White Star Travel Center and 830 AM WEEU.
10.Mike Schmidt First Professional Home Run Photo T-Shirt, Jimmy Buffet Parrot Head Night, Play Catch on the Field- One of the most prolific players to ever play in Baseballtown will be honored on Tuesday, June 26 when the R-Phils will be giving away a Mike Schmidt First Professional Home Run Photo T-Shirt to the first 2,500 fans courtesy of Texstyles Screen Printing and Embroidery and Keystone Tees. Prior to the game, fans can do their best impression of the Hall of Fame third baseman during an on-field play catch session.
The game might be taking place in Baseballtown, but it will feel more like Margaritaville as it is Jimmy Buffet Parrot Head Night thanks to T102.
11. Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Door Mat, Free Loaf of Bread, Kids Club Free Ticket with All Kids Performing with the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor, 6th Annual Spam Carving Competition, Run the Bases, Dollar Dogs-Bring home one of the Readings zaniest and most cherished personalities on Sunday, August 5th when the R-Phils give away a Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Door Mat on behalf of Stroehmann. All Redners Kids Club members are also invited to perform with the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor before the game.
The fun isnt just for children on August 5th as the first 2,000 adults 15 and over will receive a free loaf of bread courtesy of Stroehmanns. Also, artists of all ages are welcome to try their hand at some amateur artwork when 830 AM WEEU and Mikes Tavern present the 6th Annual Spam Carving Competition.
On Sundays, all fans can run the bases once the game is over because of 69 News Berks Edition. Berks Packing is also presenting $1 Hot Dogs at R-Phils concession stands on Sundays throughout the season.
12. WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hitman Hart Appearance with Autograph and Photo Session, Bret Hart VIP Session, Tribute to Professional Wrestling Night with Post-Game Wrestling and 2nd Annual Ladder Match, Fireworks-The Excellence of Execution. The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be. The Hitman. No matter how you know him, everyones familiar with WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, who will be stopping at Americas Classic Ballpark for an autograph and photo session on Friday, June 15th brought to you by All Star Distributing/Yuengling. For just $20, fans can meet the five-time WWE Champion during a Pre-Game VIP Meet and Greet session. After the game, Xfinity from Comcast will be presenting a fireworks display. Those wont be the only fireworks, though, as the post-game entertainment will feature a series of wrestling matches from World Professional Wrestling, including the 2nd Annual Ladder Match courtesy of Rock Hits Y102.
13. Welcome Home to Baseballtown Door Mat, Bark in the Park Night-During the offseason, Baseballtown Charities was re-branded with a new look for a new era. Thanks to Willow Creek Veterinary Center, fans can now take home a piece of Baseballtown when the first 2,000 adults 15 and over receive a Welcome Home to Baseballtown door mat on Wednesday, June 6th.
Also, get Rover and Fido ready because its Bark in the Park Night at FirstEnergy Stadium presented by the Humane Society of Berks County, 830 AM WEEU, and 69 News Berks Edition. Like last season, dogs are welcome in all area of the stadium The R-Phils will be hosting two additional Bark in the Park Nights during the 2012 season on Friday, April 6th and Tuesday, August 28th. Dog tickets are only $5.
14. Fathers Day R-Phils Richie Ashburn Style Hat, All Fans Play Catch on the Field with Dad Post-Game, Prostate Cancer Awareness with Game Worn Jersey Auction/Raffle, Kids Club Free Ticket with Family Play Catch on the Field with Dad, Fathers Day Kids Intro Dad on the Field, Special VIP First Pitch Packages Available where Child Pitches to Dad, Dollar Dogs-What better way is there to celebrate Fathers Day than by taking your dad to Americas Classic Ballpark? On Sunday, June 17th, the first 2,000 men 15 and over will receive an R-Phils Richie Ashburn Style Hat on behalf of Center Urologic Care of Berks County. The team will be donning a one of a kind jersey to raise awareness for prostate cancer. Each jersey will be auctioned and raffled off throughout the game to benefit the Us Too Prostate Cancer Support Network.
In whats become a yearly tradition, all fans can play catch on the field with their fathers during the post-game thanks to 830 AM WEEU and 69 News Berks Edition. Kids can also introduce their dads on the field. Going along with the holiday, sons and daughters alike can purchase a special VIP package where they throw a first pitch to their dads for only $50.
Sunday is also a Kids Club Free Ticket game where all Kids Club members are welcome to play catch on the field with dad pregame at 11:30 a.m. Its also $1 Hot Dog Day at FirstEnergy Stadium.
15. Belated Mothers Day R-Phils Pink Jersey Tote Bag, Breast Cancer Awareness with Pink Game Worn Jersey Auction/Raffle, Kids Club Free Ticket Game with R-Phils Player Ice Cream Party and Chat Session, Belated Mothers Day Kids Intro Mom on the Field, Carnation for Mom, Run the Bases, Dollar Dogs-On Sunday, May 20th, Mothers Day may have been celebrated a week prior, but thats not stopping the R-Phils from celebrating Belated Mothers Day. The first 2,000 women 15 and over will receive a R-Phils Pink Jersey Tote Bag presented by Coventry Corners. As part of the Belated Mothers Day celebration, kids can introduce their moms on the field before the game. The first 1,000 women who come through the gates will also receive a carnation from Royers Flowers and Gifts.
The team will be raising awareness for breast cancer during the game when they where special pink jerseys on behalf of 830 AM WEEU, 69 News Berks Edition, and PA Breast Cancer Coalition. The jerseys will be auctioned and raffled off during the game to benefit PA Breast Cancer Coalition.
May 20th is also a Kids Club Free Ticket game where all Kids Club members can attend an Ice Cream Party and Chat Session with members of the Reading Phillies. Since it is Sunday, hot dogs are $1 and fans can run the bases immediately following the game.
16. R-Phils Mascot Band Schedule Poster, Tribute to the Mascot Band, R-Phils Mascot Band Pre-Game Concert, R-Phils Season Ticket Holder and Partners Coffee Social and Chat Session with R-Phils Players-One of Baseballtowns favorite traditions will be honored on Saturday, April 7th when the Reading Phillies hold a Tribute to the Mascot Band. Going along the theme of the evening, the first 2,000 kids 14 and under will receive an R-Phils Mascot Band Schedule Poster. The honorees of the night will also perform prior to the game on the Weston Center Winning Smiles Stage. All season ticket holders are welcome to a coffee social and chat session with R-Phils players before the game.
Although its a Saturday, the event is a Redners Kids Club Free Ticket game with a Mascot Band concert and autograph session exclusively for Kids Club members.
17. Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Fleece Blanket, Kids Club Free Ticket Game with Crazy Hot Dog Vendor and Superhero Autographs and Photo Session, Celebration of Music, Run the Bases, Dollar Dogs-For the first time, the Reading Phillies will be giving away a Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Fleece Blanket to first 2,000 kids 14 and under courtesy of Bettys Salads. Redners Kids Club members will receive a free ticket and be able to meet the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor and his superhero friends before the game during an exclusive Kids Club event. All choral singers will also be invited to perform the National Anthem at the game. Those who participate will receive a free ticket thanks to Zeswitz Music, Reading Musical Foundation, 830 AM WEEU, and 69 News Berks Edition.
As with all Kids Club Sundays, its Dollar Dog Day at the ballpark where all hot dogs are just $1. All fans can also run the bases after the game.
18. Reading Indians Throwback Hat, 12th Annual Chili Festival-The R-Phils will be throwing it back all the way to the 1950s on Tuesday, July 24th when the first 2,000 adults 15 and over receive a Reading Indians Throwback Hat presented by Van Bennett Food Company. Rock Hits Y102 will be hosting the 12th Annual Chili Festival in VIST Financial Plaza during the pre-game where fans can sample the spiciest, meatiest, and most unique chili recipes around.
19. R-Phils Harley Game Cap, Fireworks, Pre-Game Parade of Harleys Around the Warning Track, R-Phils Mascot Band Pre-Game Concert-Dust off your bandana and rev your engines for Harley Night on Saturday, August 25th. The first 2,500 fans 18 and over will receive an R-Phils Harley Game Cap thanks to Classic Harley-Davidson. During the pre-game, motorcyclists from across the area will parade around the warning track as part of the nights festivities. Classic Harley-Davidson will also be presenting a beautiful fireworks show following the game. On the field, the team will be wearing Harley-themed jerseys that will be auctioned and raffled at the conclusion of the game to benefit Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).
On the Weston Center Winning Smiles Stage, the Reading Phillies Mascot Band will be performing their takes on some fan favorites courtesy of National Penn Bank. The Mascot Band will be performing on the following Saturdays:
The National Penn Bank R-Phils Mascot Band will also be performing prior to the Baseballtown All-Star Classic on Wednesday, July 11th.
20. 11th Annual 9:35 a.m. Morning Game Coffee Mug, Free Coffee and Hot Dogs from 6:00-7:30 a.m., Stroll the Warning Track at 8:30 a.m., King and Queen of Baseballtown Autograph Session at 8:00 a.m.-Good morning Baseballtown! On Monday, June 18th, R-Phils fans can wake up and head straight to the ballpark for the 11th Annual Morning Game. The first 2,000 fans 15 and over will receive a Morning Game Coffee Mug as they enter the ballpark. For the early birds out there, free coffee and hot dogs will be served in VIST Financial Plaza from 6:00 to 7:30 a.m. Those in attendance can also stroll the warning track starting at 8:30 a.m. prior to the game. Fans will also have the opportunity to meet Baseballtown royalty at 8:00 a.m. where the Kings and Queen of Baseballtown will be signing autographs.
21. Ladies Night with Post-Game $2,000 Diamond Dig, Fireworks Show, R-Phils Season Ticket Holder Lemonade Social and Chat Session with R-Phils Players-In what has become a yearly tradition at FirstEnergy Stadium, the Reading Phillies will be hosting Ladies Night on Thursday, August 30th. Each woman that comes to the game will receive a carnation and be invited to partake in the post-game $2,000 Diamond Dig presented by Douglas Diamonds and Rock Hits Y102. The game will also be the last chance fans have to catch a fireworks show at the ballpark this summer courtesy of Pepsi. For season ticket holders, there will be an exclusive lemonade social and chat session with Reading Phillies players.
22. Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza, 5th Annual Wing Festival with Free Wing Tasting, 4 for $49 Family Night-The Reading Phillies will be blasting off on Monday, July 2 in honor of Independence Day with a one of the seasons biggest fireworks shows. The best restaurants in the area will be on hand as well for the 5th Annual Wing Festival presented by Rock Hits Y102. As in years past, fans will have the opportunity to taste-test wings prior to the game. Its also 4 for $49 Family Night, where families of four can purchase four yellow box tickets, four hot dogs, and four small sodas for just $49. The following are games where fans can purchase a 4 for $49 ticket plan: June 6, July 2, July 23, July 25, August 13, August 15, August 27, and August 29.
23. Jimmy Rollins Old School Bobble Head, National Hot Dog Day Celebration with $1 Hot Dogs, Jimmy Buffet Parrot Head Night, 4 for $49 Family Night On Monday, July 23, the first 2,000 fans 21 and over will receive a Jimmy Rollins Old School Bobble Head thanks to All Star Distributing/Labatt Blue. The R-Phils will also be honoring everyones favorite cased meat with a National Hot Dog Day celebration. The concession stands will be grilling up dollar hot dogs throughout the night courtesy of 830 AM WEEU. While fans may be thinking hot dogs on the 23rd, VIST Financial Plaza will be filled with the sounds of Cheeseburger in Paradise because its Jimmy Buffet Parrot Head Night thanks to 830 AM WEEU as well. The night is also one of the 4 for $49 Family Nights.
24. Cole Hamels Back Pack, Kids Club Free Ticket Game with All Kids Club Members Throwing Out a First Pitch, Kids Club First Pitch Participants Receive an R-Phils Baseball, Celebration of Music Pre-Game Performance and Free Ticket, Run the Bases, $1 Dogs On Sunday, May 6, theres something for everybody in the family with a jam-packed afternoon promotional schedule. The first 2,000 kids 14 and under will receive a Cole Hamels Back Pack thanks to Metro PCS. All members of the R-Phils Kids Club will be able to enter the ballpark at 11:30 a.m. and throw a first pitch prior to the game presented by Redners Warehouse Markets, Kelloggs, Pepperidge Farm, Frito Lay, Reading Eagle, and 69 News Berks Edition. The first 500 Kids Club members will also receive an R-Phils baseball courtesy of Relay for Life. All musicians are invited to perform prior to the game in the Celebration of Music Pre-Game Performance thanks to Zeswitz Music, Reading Musical Foundation, and 69 News Berks Edition. Fans should come to the game with an appetite as it is Dollar Dog day at FirstEnergy Stadium, where all hot dogs cost only $1. Then, when its all over, fans get to run the bases.
25. Reading Phillies Kids Club Games-Sundays at FirstEnergy Stadium
will make for some memorable days as fans are welcome to run the bases after every home
game thanks to 69 News Berks Edition. Each Sunday also features Dollar Dog Days, where
fans can fill up on hot dogs for just $1 each.
All ten Sundays and two additional dates (April 7th and August 13th) are R-Phils Kids Club dates thanks to Redners Warehouse Markets, Kelloggs, Pepperidge Farm, Frito Lay, Reading Eagle, and 69 News Berks Edition. On those dates, club members will be invited to take part in exclusive Kids Club events. Those events are listed below:
April 7-R-Phils Mascot Band Concert
April 22-R-Phils Team Autograph Session
May 6-All Kids Club Members Throw Out a First Pitch
May 20-Ice Cream Party and Chat Session with R-Phils Players
June 10-Crazy Hot Dog Vendor and Superhero Autograph and Photo Session
June 17-Family Play Catch on the Field
July 1-Mascot Mania Autograph Session
July 15-All Kids Club Members Hit a Baseball at Homeplate
July 29-Princess Tea Party and Pirate Hornswoggle Party
August 5-You Can Perform with the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor
August 13-On-Field Candy Grab
August 26-R-Phils Team Autograph Session
26. Ryan Howard Fleece Blanket and 2nd Annual Soup Festival-On Friday, April 20, the first 2,000 adults 21 and over will receive a fleece blanket adorned with Baseballtowns greatest slugger of all-time, Ryan Howard, thanks to All Star Distributing/Miller Lite. Fans will also be welcome to taste soups from the best restaurants across Berks County at the 2nd Annual Soup Festival presented by Rock Hits Y102. Its also Family Night at the Reading Eagle Pool Pavilion, where fans can purchase pool tickets for just $16.
27. Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Apron, Pre-Game Family Play Catch on the Field w/ R-Phils Baseball-With summer grilling season approaching, theres no better giveaway to wear than the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor Apron that the first 2,000 adults 15 and over will receive on Tuesday, June 5 thanks to Berks Agricultural Resource Network. Starting on June 5, families will be welcome to play catch on the field prior to the game each Tuesday. The first 100 fans that play catch on the field receive an R-Phils baseball thanks to Bellco Federal Credit Union.
28. 222 Showcase featuring the R-Phils vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs to benefit Baseballtown Charities-FirstEnergy Stadium will be home to the Fifth Annual Baseballtown 222 Showcase on Tuesday, April 3 at 6:35 p.m. The exhibition game, which pits the Double-A Reading Phillies against the Triple-A Lehigh Valley IronPigs, is presented by Capital BlueCross. Fans will have the opportunity to receive autographs from the future Phillies in the VIST Financial Plaza prior to the game from 5:15-5:45 p.m. Proceeds from the game benefit Baseballtown Charities.
29.Instant Vacation Giveaway: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards and Fireworks Show-On Friday, June 8, one lucky fan will win an instant vacation to Baltimore to see the Phillies face off against Orioles thanks to White Star Travel Center and Rock Hits Y102. Fans that enter the contest must come to the game with their luggage packed and ready to leave at the conclusion of the game. Following the game, CTCE Federal Credit Union will be presenting one of this seasons many fireworks shows.
30. 29 Fireworks Shows!-Once again, the skies above FirstEnergy Stadium will be lit by 29 fireworks shows during the season! Starting on May 4, fans will be dazzled every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday throughout the year. Pepsi will be presenting a fireworks display each Thursday from June through August as part of Thursday Night Fireworks. The Baseballtown All Star Classic on Wednesday, July 11 will also feature a great fireworks show presented by International Fireworks! The following is a list of the 2012 fireworks series with their corresponding sponsors:
1. Fri., May 4
2. Sat., May 5 -Carpenter Technology Corp.
3. Fri., May 18 -Vertex Mechanical
4. Sat., May 19-UGI Utilities
5. Thurs., May 31
6. Thurs., June 7-Pepsi
7. Fri., June 8 -CTCE Federal Credit Union
8. Sat., June 9-Carpenter Technology Corp.
9. Fri., June 15-Xfinity from Comcast
10. Sat., June 16-Glen-Gery Brick Center
11. Thurs., June 28-Pepsi
12. Fri., June 29-St. Joseph Medical Center
13. Sat., June 30-Carpenter Technology Corp.
14. Mon., July 2
15. Tues., July 3-PA Lottery
16. Wed., July 11 (Baseballtown All Star Classic)-International Fireworks
17. Thurs., July 12-Pepsi
18. Fri., July 13-National Penn Bank
19. Sat., July 14-International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 429
20. Thurs., July 26-Pepsi
21. Fri., July 27-Capital BlueCross
22. Sat., July 28-Carpenter Technology Corp.
23. Fri., August 3
24. Sat., August 4-Carpenter Technology Corp.
25. Thurs., August 16-Pepsi
26. Thurs., August 23-Pepsi
27. Fri., August 24-Carpenter Technology Corp.
28. Sat., August 25-Classic Harley-Davidson
29. Thurs. August 30-Pepsi
Fans interested in renewing their season tickets and mini-plans or purchasing Baseballtown Classic Home Run Derby VIP Infield tickets, can do so now by visiting rphils.com, or by calling 610-370-BALL. Individual game tickets for the regular season or All-Star Classic events go on sale at rphils.com on Thursday, February 16.
All giveaways subject to change.
The Reading Phillies will kick off the 2012 season with a doubleheader
on Thursday, April 5th at FirstEnergy Stadium against the Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red
Sox). 2012 Season Tickets and Mini-Plans, as well as the brand-new 6 for $66 plan are
available by phone at 610-370-BALL, online at www.readingphillies.com, or in-person at the
R-Phils Ticket Office located at FirstEnergy Stadium. Purchase your 2012 R-Phils Season
Ticket or Mini-Plan now and get as many tickets as you want for all Baseballtown All-Star
Classic events before they go on-sale to the general public.