Senators Home for Five Games in Four Days this Weekend
Giveaways, Fireworks, and a Doubleheader highlight series with Richmond
07/11/2012 5:30 PM ET
Harrisburg, PA - The Harrisburg Senators return home for a five-game in four-day series against the Richmond Flying Squirrels. The Senators have won eight of their past nine games and are playing their best baseball of the season. The weekend series is loaded with three giveaways, a fireworks show, scout sleepover, and Chien-Ming Wang expected to start game one of the doubleheader Friday for the Senators. See below for more detailed information about the four days.
Thursday, July 12, at 7:00 p.m. against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, gates open at 6:00 p.m.
• Thirsty Thursday presented by Coors Light and 105.7 The X. Enjoy $2 Coors Light Drafts available on the boardwalk.
• The Burning Man. This has to be seen to be believed. His appearance takes place after the game so be sure to plan a full night at Metro Bank Park.
Friday, July 13, at 6:00 p.m. against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, gates open at 5:00 p.m.
This is a doubleheader with two seven-inning games scheduled and a 25-minute break between games.
• 40-inch Flatscreens & Fireworks Friday Night presented by Capital BlueCross, WINK 104, and abc27. The Senators are giving away a 40-inch flatscreen TV once per inning for the first nine innings. All fans 18-and-over are eligible to register to win. Stay after the game and watch a spectacular post-game fireworks show.
• Sports Bottle Giveaway presented by Capital BlueCross. The first 1,000 fans all ages receive a free Sports Bottle.
• Christmas in July. Why wait until December to celebrate Christmas? Santa is leaving the comforts of the North Pole on Friday night to venture to Metro Bank Park and why don’t you too as the Senators celebrate Christmas in July.
Saturday, July 14, at 7:00 p.m. against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, gates open at 5:30 p.m.
• Youth Jersey Giveaway presented by M & M’s, ESPN 93.5, 105.7 The X, and abc27. The first 1,000 fans 12 and under receive a free Senators youth jersey.
• Scout Night Sleepover. Pack the tent and flashlights as the Metro Bank Park outfield is transformed into a campground! There will be a movie under the stars on the Senators’ video board and more! And all scouts receive a patch!
• Kids Run the Bases presented by Direct Energy takes place post-game.
Sunday, July 15, at 2:00 p.m. against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, gates open at 12:30 p.m.
Rite Aid wellness+ Sunday presented by Rite Aid, CBS 21, CW 15, BOB 94.9, The River, & WHP 580
• Pre-game catch on the field prior to the game
• Kids Eat Free. Every fan 12-and-under receives a free meal on Sunday. Vouchers are available near the front gate and can be redeemed at several concession stands throughout the park.
• Adults receive a $2 discount when presenting their Ride Aid wellness + card at the box office prior to the game.
• Free admission to kids 12-and-under who are members of the Capital BlueCross Kids Club (Maximum of two kids per paying adult. Tickets are good for box or reserved seats and are only available at the box office on Sunday)
• Kids Run the Bases takes place post-game.
Tickets are available on game days 10:00 a.m. until the end of the game, and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. until the end of the game. Box office hours on non-game days are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets are available via telephone during the same hours as the box office hours. Tickets are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, online at www.senatorsbaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.