This season Joel and Becca Ivory outdueled four other families on June 30th to walk away with the backyard of their dreams in the Backyard Makeover Contest while Tom Snyder outlasted seven other contestants on August 31st to win the Ultimate Fan Cave Giveaway.
The IronPigs first Backyard Makeover was a huge success as the Ivory family was one of dozens of families to submit photos of their backyard as entry into the contest. From these submissions, 10 backyards were chosen and placed online for fans to vote for the backyard they thought was most deserving of a makeover. The top five vote-getters were then invited to the June 30th game to compete in on-field contests to determine the winner.
Thanks to our outstanding sponsors, the Ivory family came away with a backyard prize pack that was valued at over $10,000 and included the following items...
- Grill AmeriGas
- Patio Installation Artistic Landscaping
- Tanaka Hand-Held Power Equipment Canns-Bilco Outdoor Power Equipment
- Patio Furniture Neighbors Home & Garden Center
- Pavers for Patio AB Natural Stone
- Backyard Lighting Lighting Fixture & Supply Co.
- Landscaping Prolific Landscape
- Landscape Design Master Plan French Gardens Landscape Design & Installation
Meanwhile, the Fan Cave Giveaway pitted the eight finalists, who showed the most IronPigs pride as selected through online voting, to compete in on-field contests during the IronPigs-Chiefs game on August 31.
Snyder edged out Suzanne Dekleine in the finals to claim the title as Fan Cave Champion and once again, due to the fantastic support of our sponsors, walked away with an unprecedented prize pack that included the following Fan Cave necessities...
- Framed Team Autographed IronPigs Jersey & Ryne Sandberg Autographed Bat Boulevard Frame & Art
- Beverage Center Kleckner & Sons
- Lighting Fixture Lighting Fixture & Supply Co.
- Leather Chair Metro Design Center
- Pool Table Allentown Tables
- 43-inch Plasma TV Samsung
The IronPigs would like to thank all of our participants and sponsors who made these two giveaway nights such a success this season. Be sure to keep an eye out this offseason to see what the IronPigs have in store for next year.
The IronPigs open the 2013 season at Coca-Cola Park on April 4, 2013 at 7:05 p.m. against the Syracuse Chiefs. Those interested in purchasing a new ticket plan can call (610) 841-PIGS (7447) to place their deposit, starting at just $40 per seat for 18-game plans and $100 per seat for full-season ticket packages. Seat selection for new plan holders will take place this fall and is based on purchase date, the type of plan purchased and availability. Existing plan holders should have already received information on renewing their plans for the 2013 season. Single game tickets will go on sale Saturday, March 2, 2013 during the annual National Pig Day celebration at Coca-Cola Park.