"Pardon the pun, but we're thrilled that we can bring Will Clark to Richmond for what has become a phenomenal event," said Squirrels Vice President/COO Todd "Parney" Parnell. "He is not only one of baseball's all-time greats, but also a tremendous ambassador for the World Champion San Francisco Giants. We can't wait for our fans to hear his account of the World Series runs and also his storied career."
Clark will be joined by a host of additional baseball luminaries. Former Flying Squirrels' left-hander Eric Surkamp will return to Richmond for the first time since claiming the Eastern League ERA title in 2011, while 2012 EL ERA champ Chris Heston will also be on hand. 2012 Flying Squirrels' catcher Tommy Joseph, who was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies by the Giants for Hunter Pence, will come back to the River City along with fan favorite and three-year Squirrel Daryl Maday. Flying Squirrels' Pitching Coach and former MLB great Ross Grimsley will also be take part in the event.
The 3rd Annual banquet will be held to benefit, and in partnership with the VCU baseball program. All proceeds will benefit the Paul Keyes Memorial Scholarship Fund, and will directly aid in the funding of the Rams baseball program. Many former Rams greats will return to Richmond to take part in the banquet and honor their coach.
"Along with our friends at VCU, we have felt the loss of Coach Keyes tremendously," said Parney. "Besides being a wonderfully gifted teacher of the game, he was integral to the success of baseball in this region and also to the founding of the Flying Squirrels. We are extremely proud that we can help the Rams during the Hot Stove as they carry on his legacy, and we know that partnering with them will only enhance the significance of the event."
The banquet will include a plated dinner, drinks, silent and live auctions, a celebrity meet & greet, an autograph session and a formal program featuring celebrity guests. Individual tickets for the event are $75 for Flying Squirrels' season ticket and mini-plan holders, and $100 for the general public. Fans who purchase 2013 season tickets or mini-plans in advance of the event will receive the discounted ticket rate for the banquet. For more information or to purchase individual tickets for the banquet, please contact the Flying Squirrels' Ticket Department at (804) 359-3866 Option 1 or visit Hot Stove to purchase tickets online.
- 5 PM - 6 PM: VIP Reception
- 6 PM - 7 PM: Celebrity Meet & Greet/Autograph Session
- 7 PM - 9 PM: Dinner/Entertainment Program/Live Auction
- Presenting Sponsor: $5,000 - includes (2) tables of (10), full page ad in the program, logo on event seating cards, opportunity for welcoming remarks, (12) tickets to the VIP Reception.
- Stage Sponsor: $2,000 - includes (1) table of (10), full page ad in the program, (10) tickets to the VIP Reception, celebrity seated at your table, and your banner on the stage.
- Celebrity Table: $1,200 - includes (1) table of (10) with a celebrity seated at your table, 1/4 page ad in the program, and (4) tickets to the VIP reception.
- Table Sponsor: $1,000 - includes (1) table of (10), 1/4 page ad in the program, and (4) tickets to the VIP reception.
Season Tickets and Mini-Plan Packages for the 2013 season of Flying Squirrels baseball are currently available. For more information or to purchase a ticket plan, visit the Flying Squirrels Ticket Office at The Diamond, call (804) 359-FUNN (3866) or log on to SquirrelsBaseball.com.