Media Relations Intern
- Meet with local newspapers in Pulaski (Southwest Times), Wytheville, Radford, and Roanoke.
- Learn everything about how to use MiLB website. Learn how to write articles, put up pictures, and put up video.
- Create a promotions calendar for the website.
- Submit all player mug shots to Minor League Baseball.
- Maintain the Pulaski Mariners Facebook page.
- Maintain the Pulaski Mariners Twitter account, this includes inning by inning updates.
- You will be responsible to write a game wrap-up after every home game. You will also be responsible for writing feature stories about players, coaches, or promotions.
- You are welcome and encouraged to interview players and coaches after each game.
Stadium Operations Intern
- Make sure the visiting clubhouse and umpire rooms are clean and orderly before a series begins. Make sure park is in good condition before every good.
- Learn how to process and print tickets with our ticket manager. Learn how to put together a FLEX PASS.
- You will supervise the souvenir store. This includes updating the inventory after every home stand and giving the information to the GM.
- You will also be put in charge of the online store. It will be your responsibility carry out orders, add new items, and run promotions online.
- When a Field of Dreams group (Little League Picnic) is scheduled, you will be responsible to get the names of each player and their position and put them with Mariner players. Also, you will oversee the team's banquet and organize the meal/game tickets they will receive.
Food Services Intern
- You will be the co-manager of the concession stand and girll.
- You will create a menu for the upcoming season and work closely with Concession Manager to order food.
- You will be responsible to update your inventory daily.
- It is your job to maintain a safe and sanitary place for food.
- You will also plan a player/staff luncheon with Ticket Manager.
- Run on-field activities and promotions with handheld mic.
- Set up and run the promotions table. You will be responsible to find participants for on-field activities and promotions. Create sign-ups each game for participants.
- You will schedule and execute on-field promotions. Work with specific businesses to plan each on-field activity.
- You will help out with organizing Field of Dreams.
- Take pictures and video throughout the game.
- Take pictures for promotional events at the park and within the community.
- Work with Media Relations intern with posting pictures on the website.
- Collect action shots of each player and coach for baseball cards.
- Work with GM and Media Relations intern to process baseball cards.
- Take team pictures and individual pictures on Media Day.
- Take team pictures of "Field of Dreams" participants.
- Take s picture of the Mariner of the game with Slyder. Send Mariner of the game to Southwest Times with information regarding the fan.
- According to the game, you will have the responsibility to supervise the music. In accordance with the announcer, you will play pregame music, walkout songs, music in between innings, promotion music, and post-game music. All songs and sound bites can be found under the Sound Director program.
- Sell programs if non-profit organization does not show to sell.
- Assist game sponsor with any needs they might have during the course of their promotional night.
- Load Vis-A-Coolers each game day with bottled drinks.
- Get walk-out songs from players and load them on to music laptop.
- Should make copies of rosters and stats to stuff into souvenir programs and distribute to team's managers. Programs should be stuffed each game day before the gates open.
If interested please contact us at: (540)980-1070 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org