Ports Announce Plans for "30 DAYS OF OPENING DAY" PROMOTION
Splash to make weekly appearances and fans can win tickets and prizes
Stockton, CA - The Stockton Ports, California League affiliate of the Oakland Athletics, are excited to introduce the preseason promotion "30 Days of Opening Day" to prepare the fans for the April 4th home opener at 7:05 p.m. against the Bakersfield Blaze. Starting on March 5th, which is 30 days before opening day, the Ports will host an event, contest, or make an appearance around town every day leading up to the home opener.
The "30 Days of Opening Day" will feature numerous appearances by Splash, many different chances to win player autographed baseballs, hats, bobbleheads, tickets, and various other prizes.
"This a wonderful way to engage and educate our fans about the upcoming season!" said Ports general manager Luke Reiff. "I encourage all of our fans to embrace the promotion and take advantage of the numerous opportunities to win great prizes, hang out with Splash and have fun!"
The promotion will begin on March 5th with a social media frenzy as 40 lucky fans who follow the Ports on facebook and twitter will win an autographed baseball of a member of the 2012 Ports by simply sharing the things they love about the season. In addition to the social media promotion fans have a chance to win tickets to opening weekend by sharing the post onto their facebook page. In addition to the social media promotion, Splash will be on the Miracle Mile in Stockton. The first 10 fans that come up to Splash and say "I love the Ports" will receive two tickets to Opening Day.
Splash will make "tour stops" throughout the 30 day promotion. The Ports will set up outside of different locations around town and will be giving away free tickets to the home opener on April 4, passing out schedules, and hosting entertainment and games for kids that want to come out and meet Splash. The tour stops will be announced via our Facebook page and our Twitter page (@stocktonports). The Ports will hold reoccurring contests through our Facebook, Twitter (@stocktonports), and Instagram (@thestocktonports) pages during the "30 Days of Opening Day" promotion.
On Donut Monday (March 11, March 18, March 25 and April 1), Splash will pick up three dozen donuts each day and deliver them to a local business. Fans are encouraged to post on the Ports facebook page where Splash should deliver the donuts.
During Tour Stop Tuesday (March 12, March 19, March 26 and April 2), Splash & members of the Ports front office will be setup somewhere around town giving away prizes to fans. Fans will be able to find out where they will be setup via the Ports facebook page.
Alumni & Retweet Wednesday (March 6, March 13, March 20, March 20 and April 3), this years marks the 50th Anniversary of the 1963 Championship team. Weekly interviews with these players will be published to the Ports blog, Docking with the Ports. The 50th Anniversary celebration will take place before the May 18th game. Retweet Wednesday-fans are being asked to retweet a graphic illustrating Opening Day which will be posted by the Ports via Twitter. Anyone who retweets the graphic has a chance to win tickets for the first game of the season.
Instagram Sunday (March 10, March 17 and March 24, March 31) involves fans wearing Ports gear and posting a picture to their personal Instagram pages and using the hashtag IHeartthePorts. The post that receives the most likes will win tickets to Opening Day.
In addition to the 30 Days of Opening Day, fans can participate in the month long promotion that offers the chance to win the Ultimate Fan Experience. The winner receives four free tickets to Opening Weekend, can watch batting practice from the field, and has the opportunity to watch the fireworks show from the Ports dugout. To become eligible for the Ultimate Fan Experience, you must partake in at least four promotional activities. This includes coming to one of the tour stops, coming to the Fan Fest on March 30th at Banner Island Ballpark, participating in one of the four social media contests, find a pocket schedule somewhere around town and take a picture with it, and come to the Ports season opener.
On Tuesday, April 2nd, the Ports will take the field for the first time in the annual exhibition game against the Sacramento River Cats, Triple-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. Tickets for the game will be available at the Ports ticket office on March 16th.
- March 5th - Facebook & Twitter Autographed Baseball giveaway to 40 lucky fans! Splash Tour Stop-The Miracle Mile 12-1p
- March 6th - Kick off Ultimate Fan Experience Contest
- March 7th - Splash Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 8th - Splash Tour Stop- Stockton Thunder game
- March 9th - Talent & National Anthem Auditions/ Season Ticket Holder Pick Up party
- March 10th - Instagram Sunday
- March 11th - Donut Delivery
- March 12th - Tour Stop Tuesday- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 13th - Alumni & Retweet Wednesday
- March 14th - Splash Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 15th - Splash Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 16th - Tickets on-sale at 10am
- March 17th - Instagram Sunday
- March 18th - Donut Delivery
- March 19th - Tour Stop Tuesday- In & Out Burger Lodi
- March 20th - Alumni & Retweet Wednesday
- March 21st - Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 22nd - Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 23rd - Tour Stop- Brubeck Jazz Festival on the campus of University of the Pacific
- March 24th - Instagram Sunday
- March 25th - Donut Delivery
- March 26th - Tour Stop Tuesday- In & Out Burger Manteca
- March 27th - Alumni & Retweet Wednesday
- March 28th - Splash Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 29th - Splash Tour Stop- check out the Ports facebook page for Tour Stop location
- March 30th - Ports Fan Fest & Easter Egg Hunt
- March 31st - Instagram Sunday/Happy Easter
- April 1st - Donut Delivery
- April 2nd - Tour Stop Tuesday& River Cats Exhibition Game
- April 3rd - Alumni & Retweet Wednesday
- & End of Ultimate Fan Experience Contest
- April 4th - Opening Night!