An autograph appearance list that includes the entire 1991 Baseball Hall-of-Fame class, a Joe Mauer Bobblehead giveaway, 18 fireworks shows and a pair of hilarious entertainment acts - including one never before seen at Frontier Field - are just a few of the highlights on the Red Wings 2013 promotional calendar - arguably the most exciting slate of promotions in Frontier Field history.
"Fan entertainment is always the most important topic in our off-season meetings but this year we put an even bigger emphasis on that," said Red Wings General Manager Dan Mason. "I believe we have put together one of the best promotional lineups in minor league baseball this season - one that truly has something for every fan."
Single-game tickets for regular-season games at Frontier Field go on sale this Saturday, March 23 at 10:00 am. Season tickets, mini plans, flex packs, and group tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit RedWingsBaseball.com or call (585) 454-1001 and press zero, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Baseball returns to Rochester for the Red Wings home opener on Saturday, April 6 at 1:05 p.m. All fans in attendance will receive a 2013 magnet schedule courtesy of Vanderstyne Toyota and the first 5,000 fans will also get a Red Wings cowbell presented by Frontier Pages.
Prior to the game, the Red Wings will honor local area first responders including the West Webster Fire Department's first responders who were the victims of the horrible tragedy on Christmas Eve last year.
From Opening Day the promotions heat up all summer long highlighted by an autograph appearance list unmatched in minor league baseball. Below are all three members of the 1991 Baseball Hall of Fame class that will be signing autographs for fans this season at Frontier Field.
- Ferguson Jenkins (Wednesday, June 19 - 7:05 p.m.)
- Rod Carew (Wednesday, July 24 - 7:05 p.m.)
- Gaylord Perry (Monday, July 29 - 7:05 p.m.)
Other appearances include Buffalo Bills' greats Andre Reed (Sunday, August 4) and Thurman Thomas (Friday, July 19) as well as WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (Saturday, August 24).
Moreover, fans will get the chance to meet 1985 National League Cy Young Award winner, Dwight Gooden, on Sunday, July 28 and 7-time All-Star closer, Lee Smith, on Sunday, August 25, at Frontier Field.
Two of the most entertaining acts in the minor leagues will stop in Rochester this season. Back by popular demand, Harry Canary, Derek Cheetah, Cow Ripken Jr. and the rest of the ZOOperstars will make a pair of visits to Frontier Field on Saturday, June 8 and Saturday, August 17.
Brand-new to Red Wings fans this year the hilarious, Cowboy Monkey Rodeo, is a must-see entertainment act that will swing by Frontier Field on Saturday, July 27.
The first of 18 post-game fireworks shows in 2013 will blast off on Friday, May 10 following the Red Wings 7:05 p.m. game against Columbus. After the Friday, May 17 contest, there will be a fireworks display following every Friday and Saturday home game the rest of the season (excluding July 6). A special Independence Day fireworks show is also scheduled for Thursday, July 4.
A sampling of the premier giveaways this year includes a backpack giveaway (first 1,500 kids) on Saturday, June 8, Red Wings cap giveaway (first 2,000 fans) on Saturday, June 15, a drawstring back pack to the first 1,000 kids on Thursday, July 18 and perhaps the most exciting giveaway of the year, a Joe Mauer Bobblehead, will be given away to the first 2,000 fans on Sunday, September 1.
Other unique items include a tote bag giveaway (Friday, July 19), five legends card strip giveaways and a snowbrush giveaway on Monday, September 2 - the final day of the regular season.
If you have youngsters, you won't want to miss appearances by Clifford the Big Red Dog (June 9), Curious George (July 22), Dora the Explorer (August 18) and Elmo (August 22). Mr. Steve will also perform a pre-game concert on Sunday, June 9.
This season, fans will also be able to celebrate both Mother's Day (May 12) and Father's Day (June 16) at Frontier Field with a post-game catch on the field with Mom and Dad!
Other key dates include "Bark in the Park" (Sunday, June 9), "Turn Back the Clock Day" (Sunday, May 26), featuring $5.00 tickets for all seats and 50-cent hot dogs and "Red Wings Hall of Fame Night" (Saturday, August 17), when the class of 2013 will be inducted into the Red Wings Hall of Fame in a pre-game ceremony.
The regular season comes to a close on Labor Day, Monday, September 2 with Fan Appreciation Day.
The Red Wings have also put together a great daily promotional schedule:
- Monday - Basch & Nickerson LLP Kids Eat Free - The first 500 kids 12 & under receive a FREE hot dog, soda & snack item.
- Tuesday - M&T Bank/Messenger Post Media Family Four-Pack - Get four reserved seat tickets, four hot dogs, four 12-oz. drinks, and a yearbook for only $32 (save $15 off regular prices).
- Wednesday - Democrat and Chronicle Wings Wednesday - Look for discount coupons in preceding Tuesday's D&C.
- Thursday - Food Specials
- Friday - Post-Game Fireworks (starting May 10)
- Saturday - ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks - (starting May 25, excluding July 6).
- Sunday - Chili's Grill & Bar Post-Game Run the Bases with Spikes & Mittsy - Kids will have the chance to run the bases with Spikes & Mittsy following each Sunday home game; Family Bulletin Day - Fans receive $1 off any ticket by presenting a publication from any church, house of worship, civic, or nonprofit group (limit of four tickets, each at $1 off).
- Before Every Game: Hillside Family of Agencies Pre-Game Autograph Booth - Meet a different Red Wings player each game, signing free autographs beginning 40 minutes prior to first pitch.
The Red Wings 2013 promotional schedule is listed below (all promotions subject to change):
- April 6 (1:05 pm): 2013 Magnet Schedule giveaway (All fans) courtesy of Vanderstyne Toyota / Cowbell Giveaway (First 5,000 fans) presented by Frontier Pages
- April 19 (7:05 pm): College Night
- April 27 (1:05 pm): Post-Game Team Autograph Session / Legends Card Strip Giveaway (1,000 fans, 21 & older) presented by CollectorFest Monthly
- April 30 (11:35 am): Careers in Sports Day presented by Alfred State College
- May 10 (7:05 pm): Post-Game Fireworks
- May 11 (7:05 pm): Legends Card Strip Giveaway (1,000 fans, 21 & older) presented by CollectorFest Monthly / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans) courtesy of Urology Associates of Rochester
- May 12 (1:05 pm): Mother's Day Celebration with the American Cancer Society sponsored by Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, LLC featuring a Post-Game Catch on the Field with Mom!
- May 17 (7:05 pm): Post-Game Fireworks presented by your Local Toyota Dealers
- May 24 (7:05 pm): Post-Game Fireworks presented by NY 529 College Savings Plan
- May 25 (7:05 pm): ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks
- May 26 (1:05 pm): Turn Back the Clock Night featuring special $5 ticket prices for all seats AND 50-cent Hot Dogs, courtesy of Zweigle's / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans)
- May 29 (7:05 pm): Legends Card Strip Giveaway (First 1,000 fans, 21 & older) presented by CollectorFest Monthly
- May 30 (11:05 am): Education Day presented by Alfred State College and NY 529 College Savings Plan
- June 8 (7:05 pm): ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks / ZOOperstars Appearance / Backpack Giveaway courtesy of Zweigle's, 100.5 The Drive and News 8
- June 9 (1:05 pm): Bark in the Park presented by Coldwater Animal Hospital / Clifford the Big Red Dog Appearance / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans) / Catholic Schools Day & Jersey Auction / Mr. Steve Pre-Game Concert courtesy of WXXI
- June 14 (7:15 pm): Post-Game Fireworks presented by Prevention 1st / Team Photo Giveaway (First 5,000 fans) presented by Hillside Family of Agencies, Conolly Printing, Messenger Post Media and 96.5 WCMF
- June 15 (7:05 pm): ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks / Wings Cap Giveaway (First 2,000 fans) presented by Segar and Sciortino, Attorneys at Law
- June 16 (1:05 pm): Father's Day Celebration and Jersey Auction courtesy of Urology Associates of Rochester with Post-Game Catch on the Field with Dad / Ed Randall's Bat for the Cure Prostate Cancer Awareness Day / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans)
- June 19 (7:05 pm): Ferguson Jenkins Autograph Signing Appearance
- July 4 (7:05 pm): ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks
- July 5 (6:05 pm): RPO Post-Game Concert / Post-Game Fireworks presented by your Local Toyota Dealers
- July 6 (6:05 pm): Latino Night featuring a post-game concert by Tony Vega courtesy of McDonalds and Wegmans / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans)
- July 18 (7:05 pm): Drawstring Backpack Giveaway (First 1,000 kids, 18 & under) courtesy of Alfred State College
- July 19 (7:15 pm): Post-Game Fireworks AND Thurman Thomas Pre-game Autograph Appearance courtesy of Batavia Downs Casino & Racetrack / Tote Bag Giveaway (First 3,000 fans) courtesy of The College at Brockport / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans) presented by Dr. Michael Mayer
- July 22 (7:05 pm): Curious George Appearance
- July 24 (7:05 pm): Rod Carew Autograph Appearance courtesy of Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- July 25 (11:05 am): Camp Day presented by Sportsplex Operators & Developers
- July 26 (7:15 pm): Post-Game Fireworks presented by your Local Toyota Dealers / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans) / Lou Gramm Book Signing and National Anthem Performance
- July 27 (7:05 pm): Cowboy Monkey Rodeo Appearance presented by Invisible Fence Brand / ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks / Star Wars Night & Jersey Auction presented by Hillside Family of Agencies
- July 28 (6:05 pm): Dwight Gooden Autograph Appearance
- July 29 (7:05 pm): Gaylord Perry Autograph Appearance
- August 3 (7:05 pm): ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks
- August 4 (1:05 pm): Andre Reed Autograph Appearance / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans)
- August 17 (7:05 pm): ZOOperstars Appearance / ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks / Red Wings Hall of Fame Night presented by Rochester Honda Dealers
- August 18 (6:05 pm): Dora the Explorer Appearance / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans)
- August 22 (7:05 pm): Elmo Appearance / Legends Card Strip Giveaway (First 1,000 fans, 21 & older) presented by CollectorFest Monthly
- August 23 (7:15 pm): Post-Game Fireworks presented by Flower City Printing
- August 24 (7:05 pm): Card and Collectibles Show featuring WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka presented by CollectorFest Monthly / ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks / American Cancer Society Night and Jersey Auction
- August 25 (1:05 pm): Lee Smith Autograph Appearance
- August 30 (7:15 pm): Post-Game Fireworks presented by your Local Toyota Dealers / Team Photo Giveaway (First 5,000 fans), presented by Hillside Family of Agencies, Conolly Printing, Messenger Post Media and 96.5 WCMF
- August 31 (7:05 pm): ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks / Magnet Giveaway (First 2,500 fans)
- September 1 (6:05 pm): Joe Mauer Bobblehead Giveaway (First 2,000 fans) presented by ESL Federal Credit Union / Post-Game Fireworks courtesy of Rochester Honda Dealers
- September 2 (1:05 pm): Fan Appreciation Day / Snowbrush Giveaway presented by Basch & Nickerson LLP / 2014 Magnet Schedule Giveaway
The Rochester Red Wings are entering their 11th season as the Triple-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. The Red Wings are operated by Rochester Community Baseball, Inc. and have been a community-owned pro baseball franchise since 1957. Rochester's pro baseball history dates back to 1885.