GRAND CHUTE, WI - It has been years in planning and months in construction. "It" is the newly renovated Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium and Monday is the day fans of the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers can get inside to see the changes. The defending Midwest League Champions have their home opener on April 8 against the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Game time is 6:35pm.
Monday's game is the first game of a seven-game homestand for Wisconsin. They host the Kernels, the Midwest League affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, from April 8-10 and the Kane County Cougars, the MWL affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, April 11-14.
Details of the promotions that will happen during the homestand are below:
- MONDAY, APRIL 8 at 6:35pm; All-Fan Giveaway: Matt Erickson Bobblehead presented by Pepsi; Bernie Brewer Appearance: All fans to attend the Home Opener will receive a bobblehead of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers manager Matt Erickson. The bobblehead features the Appleton native holding the Midwest League Championship Trophy. Milwaukee Brewers mascot Bernie Brewer will also be on hand to meet and greet fans. Come on out to check out all of the improvements to the home of the Timber Rattlers.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 9 at 6:35pm; Baker Tilly Business Person & Senior Citizens Special presented by WVBO and AM1280, WNAM: Show your business card when you purchase a ticket and for $11.50 you will receive a box seat ticket, a beverage and your choice of brat or hot dog. The offer is also available to senior citizens (55 & older) courtesy of Baker Tilly, WVBO, and AM1280 WNAM.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10 at 6:35pm; WIXX Bang for Your Buck Night and Dunkin Donuts Poster Giveaway: Bang for Your Buck is back and it's presented by WIXX! Fans can take advantage of $1 Cher-Make hot dogs, $1 Pepsi Products, and $1 Miller Beers! The first 1,000 fans to attend this game will receive a poster of the 2012 Midwest League Championship team courtesy of Dunkin Donuts.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 11 at 6:35pm; Arty's Old Fashioned Thirsty Thursday presented by 95.9 KISS FM: The Chicago Cubs have a new Midwest League affiliate in the Kane County Cougars and you can welcome them to the Fox Cities on their first visit of 2013. All fans can enjoy 16oz soda and beer for just $2 as part of Thirsty Thursday presented by Arty's Old Fashioned and 95.9 KISS FM.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 12 at 6:35pm; North Shore Bank Family Night w/ Y100; Postgame Kids Run the Bases presented by Molina Healthcare: North Shore Bank Family night means that children 12 and under receive a free hot dog and soda. After the game, kids 14 and under may participate in Kids Run the Bases thanks to Molina Healthcare.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 13 at 1:05pm; Fly Away Saturday from Funjet Vacations and Fox World Travel; Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts Ice Scraper Giveaway: The first 1,000 fans to attend this game will receive an ice scraper from Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts. Fly Away Saturday means one lucky fan will win airfare for two from Funjet Vacations and Fox World Travel at this game!
- SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 1:05pm; Brewers Sunday presented by 107.5, The Fan: Before the Rattlers and Cougars play the game fans can play catch on-field. After the game, Timber Rattlers players will be available for an autograph session. Time Warner Cable customers can receive up to four half-priced reserved bleacher tickets when showing their TWC bill at time of ticket purchase. Timber Rattlers players and coaches will be wearing Brewers-themed jerseys during the game. The jerseys will be up for auction after the final Brewers Sunday of the 2013 season on Sunday, August 25.
Fans are urged to purchase their tickets for these games in advance one of three ways: On-line at www.timberrattlers.com, over the phone at 800-WI-TIMBER, or in person at the Time Warner Cable Field Box Office. The box office is located at Fox Cities Stadium and is open on non-game days from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 10am to 3pm on Saturdays.