The Williamsport Crosscutters have unveiled the slate of promotions for the club's 15th anniversary season which begins Tuesday, June 18 as the Crosscutters host the rival State College Spikes. Opening Night 2013, presented by Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania & KISS 102-7, will feature a schedule magnet giveaway for the first 2,500 fans, a chance for fans to trade in old Williamsport Outlaws gear for a new Cutters t-shirt and other opening night festivities.
Cutters Vice-President of Marketing and Public Relations, Gabe Sinicropi, stated, "While baseball is a game, we take our responsibility of providing great memories, great food and great times very seriously while also being focused on offering our fans the best value for their dollar. Our goal is to put together a schedule of fun entertainment, contests and promotions to entertain everyone who comes out to Historic Bowman Field, even if they aren't a huge baseball fan."
The schedule features appearances by celebrities and performers including "Mountain Man" from the top-rated A&E reality show Duck Dynasty appearing on July 27 as part of Redneck Night at Historic Bowman Field.
"Mountain Man" will hold a free meet and greet for fans during the game and will even serve as PA announcer for part of the game using his now famous slow speech pattern. Redneck Night will also feature a "Best Beard Contest" and more surprises.
Other appearances on the schedule include;
- June 28- Former Japanese baseball legend and Montoursville native Tom O'Malley in conjunction with an O'Malley bobble head giveaway.
- June 29 - Former N.Y. Yankee and Seattle Mariner all-star pitcher Jeff Nelson who played for the Williamsport Bills in 1989 and 1990 reuniting with former Mariners catcher Chris Howard who also played for the Bills in '89 & '90 on Bills Turn Back the Clock Night.
- July 1 - The Phillie Phanatic - The #1 sports mascot
- July 19 - The Utility Man - The Do-It-All Baseball Entertainer
- July 26 - Myron Noodleman - The Hippest Nerd in America
- August 2 - Reggy- The Purple Party Dude
- August 30 - Denny McLain - The last 30-game winner in the majors
Again this season, the Cutters will have special "day of the week" promotions where fans can take advantage of great specials and offers including;
Mondays - "Military Monday" presented by Harvest Moon of Newberry and the MSG Sean Thomas Foundation. All active and retired military personnel get a free admission ticket when they show their military ID at the box office.
Wednesdays - "Family Fun Night". Families can take advantage of the Family Fun Night package of 4 general admission tickets and 4 hot dogs for just $20, a savings of up to $13. Wednesdays also feature "Back-to-Back Cracks" from Solley First Health Chiropractic. If the Cutters hit back-to-back homers in the game, some lucky fan will win $10,000.
Thursdays - "Thirsty Thursday". From 6-8pm, fans can enjoy pint beer specials and 2 for 1 selected soft drinks. Play Jon Mackey's Quizzo during the game to win great prizes.
Fridays - "Kids FREE Friday" presented by Geisinger Careworks. Free admission for all kids age 12 and under. Fans can pick up FREE kids tickets at Geisinger Careworks on the Golden Strip in Williamsport. Fridays also feature "Happy Hour" from 6-7pm. Fans can enjoy pint beer specials and 2 for 1 selected soft drinks along with free popcorn.
Saturdays - "Post-Game Fireworks". After every Saturday night home game, fans are treated to a fantastic fireworks show set to a specially chosen musical theme.
Sundays - "Baseball Bingo". All fans age 18 and over can play for a chance to win great prizes. After every Sunday game all Cutters fans 12 and under can come on the field and run the bases in "Boomer's Mad Dash".
Other promotional highlights include;
- June 23 - 15th Anniversary Card Set Giveaway presented by River Valley Transit.
- June 28 - Tom O'Malley Bobble Head Giveaway presented by Hoopla's.
- June 29 - Williamsport Bills Turn Back the Clock Night presented by Susquehanna Transit with the Crosscutters wearing 1989 style Williamsport retro jerseys auctioned off to fans to benefit charity.
- July 7 & September 1 - New "All-You-Can-Eat" nights. Purchase an All-You-Can-Eat wristband and enjoy hot dogs, burgers, peanuts, soda and more all night on the Cutters Cove.
- July 8 - NCL Caribbean Cruise Giveaway presented by AAA Travel & the Williamsport Regional Airport. Some lucky fan will win a 9-night Caribbean Cruise for two on Norwegian Cruise Lines.
- July 21 - Bark in the Park XV. Bring your pooch to the park for a chance to win $10,000.
- August 14 - Hot Dog Heaven. Enjoy 50-cent hot dogs during the game.
- August 31 - Star Wars Night. Join in the fun as we welcome the Star Wars costumed members of the Garrison Carida, 501st Legion. Fans are invited to come in their own Star Wars T-shirt or costume!
Five Pack the Parks Night dot the schedule this summer;
- July 19 - Williamsport Sun-Gazette Pack the Park Night
- July 26 - Marcellus Shale Pack the Park Night
- July 30 - Susquehanna Health Pack the Park Night
- August 23 - Lycoming County Visitor's Bureau
- August 27 - Penn College Pack the Park Night
The full slate of 2013 promotions along with details can be viewed at crosscutters.com
Other new features for the 2013 season include all Cutters Cove picnics being catered by The Country Store and a new deck to be built behind the 3rd base dugout creating a new social area for fans while having a great view of the on-field action.
Crosscutters season tickets, bonus books and group packages are currently available and can be purchased online at www.crosscutters.com or by calling the Cutters Hotline at (570) 326-3389. Opening Night and individual game tickets will go on sale May 20.