On one of the final weekends of the major league baseball season, several former Fisher Cats had notable moments and big games. Whether it was a long home run, a dazzling defensive stop, or a game-winning hit, here is what transpired over the weekend:
- Adam Lind: 2006 Eastern League MVP belted his 21st home run in a Jays loss on Sunday. Lind is in the final year of a four-year contract, but the Blue Jays own three option seasons beginning in 2014. Lind also homered on Friday night.
- Ryan Goins made another spectacular defensive play in a key situation on Sunday afternoon against Baltimore.
- On Saturday, Casey Janssen picked up his 30th save of the season with a nifty play to end the game.
- Travis d'Arnaud delivered the game-winning hit on Sunday in the Mets' 1-0 win over the Marlins in 12 innings. It was d'Arnaud's first walk-off hit in his first go-round in the major leagues. Notice who the shortstop is for Miami who nearly comes up with a diving stop on the grounder. d'Arnaud also showcased a strong arm behind the plate.
- Speaking of the Marlins, Henderson Alvarez turned in a game on Saturday night. A night earlier, the Marlins got some help from Adeiny Hechavarria.
- On Saturday night, Danny Farquhar picked up another save for the Mariners. That makes 14 on the year for the former Fisher Cat.
- Aaron Hill continued a strong season, despite missing a lot of time with an injury, with another home run on Saturday.