The IronPigs are seeking part-time 50/50 drawing sellers for the 2014 season. Interested parties are encouraged to send a resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610) 841-1213. Applications are also being accepted in-person at Coca-Cola Park during normal business hours.
THE ROLE: IronPigs Charities (IPC) serves as the fundraising arm of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs organization, a AAA minor league affiliate of the Philadephia Phillies. IPC serves Lehigh and Northampton Counties of the Greater Lehigh Valley and awards grants to a variety of charitable organizations each year through an annual campaign, raising dollars for groups who provide education and recreational opportunities for local youth.
The IronPigs family - from the players, coaches and their wives, to the ball girls and front office staff - consider it a privilege and a pleasure to give back to the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Part-time position of the IPC. 50/50 Ticket Seller will be interacting with IronPigs fans, with the ultimate goal of selling 50/50 tickets. Fans purchase 50/50 drawing tickets from the part-time raffle ticket sellers inside Coca-Cola Park, from when the gates open through to the end of the 7th inning. 50/50 Ticket Sellers are expected to:
- Attend all or most of the IronPigs home games at Coca-Cola Park, assisting with the execution of the 50/50 Drawing.
- Spread awareness of the 50/50 Drawing and IronPigs Charities (IPC).
- Sell 50/50 tickets to fans while stationed at an IronPigs 50/50 kiosk or by roaming in a designated area of the ballpark using a handheld device and mobile printer.
- Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets.
- Sellers should have knowledge of the club's charitable work and the programs that are supported by IPC.
- Sellers must be an ambassador of the IronPigs and a customer/guest service representative during games, answering fans' questions when they arise.
- Handle large amounts of money and electronic transactions and will be responsible and accountable for all cash sales, as all units must be reconciled correctly throughout the game.
- Must be at Coca-Cola Park at least 30 minutes prior to gates opening.
- All raffle sellers will be provided with an IronPigs shirt and a 50/50 drawing apron to wear while working.
- Attend evening games, weekends, and holidays as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The sellers will take an active role in a fundraising program that takes place during all IronPigs home games at Coca-Cola Park. All sellers will be trained to use the 50/50 Poinstreak software, learn the cash reconciliation process, along with general knowledge and frequently asked questions about Coca-Cola Park. Game day staff must demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills. Familiarity with sales and customer service a plus. Sellers need to work well independently, as well as part of the team. Sellers need to be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. They must also:
- Be prompt and arrive to shift on time.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be well spoken and a strong representative for IronPigs Charities (IPC).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed outdoors, as sellers will have "game day" responsibilities where they will be exposed to the current weather conditions.