The Lehigh Valley IronPigs will put single-game tickets for the 2014 season on sale to the public on Saturday, March 1, in a National Pig Day celebration that also features a Pig Roast with complimentary pork sandwiches, free IronPigs yard signs along with tons of activities for families and children. Fans seeking to guarantee seats for the most popular dates and promotions are encouraged to purchase a season ticket or mini plan package today by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) or by visiting ironpigsbaseball.com. Coca-Cola Park has been Minor League Baseball's most visited venue since 2008 as the IronPigs are the only Minor League club to surpass 600,000 in attendance for each of the last six years.
Initially on March 1, single-game ticket purchases will only be available to fans on a walk-up basis beginning at 9 a.m. at the Coca-Cola Park Ticket Office. The ticket office will remain open until 5 p.m. on March 1 and reopen from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 2.
At 1 p.m. on March 1, fans will also be able to purchase single-game tickets over the phone by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) and online at www.ironpigsbaseball.com.
Prices for single-game IronPigs tickets start as low as $7 for General Admission, which grants fans access to the spacious Capital BlueCross Lawn, the Bud Light Trough, the Red Robin Oasis and all other standing-room-only areas on the concourse. The IronPigs also offer a $10 General Admission value ticket that includes $5 of Ballpark Credit that can be redeemed for food, beverage or merchandise at Coca-Cola Park (certain restrictions apply). Field Level reserved seats are still just $10. A limited number of Club Level tickets priced at $15 per game are still available. Club Level season tickets are also still available and can be purchased now by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
Individual tickets for the following unique seating areas (listed below) will also go on sale at Coca-Cola Park beginning on March 1 and are expected to sell quickly:
- The Hot Corner, named for its remarkably close proximity to third base, is located directly below the PPL Picnic Patio and provides a one-of-a-kind environment on the Field Level. The Hot Corner features 48 swivel-style seats across two rows directly in front of the PPL Picnic Patio and includes great amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service as well as drink rail counters, allowing for a more comfortable viewing and dining experience. Hot Corner tickets are $20 per person.
- The Bacon Strip, providing a similar look and feel to the famed "Green Monster" seats at Fenway Park, is a bi-level seating area located along the right field wall that was among the most desired seating inventory at Coca-Cola Park during its debut season in 2013. The bi-level Bacon Strip beyond right field's "home run alley" includes 75 bar stool seats in the first row and an additional 52 stadium seats on the second level. Both rows of seating include great amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service and the added comfort of drink rail counters for food and beverages. Bacon Strip tickets are $10 per person.
- The popular Red Robin Oasis "islands" are located immediately above the left field bullpens, are fully covered, feature a circular half-table with seating for four guests and in-seat service. Each island is priced at $60 per game (each island has seating for four guests). New for 2014, 28 reserved-seating stools with in-seat service and drink rails for food and beverage have been added directly behind the islands. This new seating option, which is fully covered, is priced at just $10 per seat. Island mini plans are available today by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) or by visiting the Coca-Cola Park offices during normal business hours.
The IronPigs set sail on their 2014 home campaign on Monday, April 7 with the first-ever 5:05 p.m. start time in franchise history as well as a commemorative Opening Day T-Shirt giveaway presented by Service Electric Cable TV & Communications for the first 3,000 fans 18 and older. Tickets for Opening Day on April 7 against the Buffalo Bisons will be available for purchase in-person beginning at 9 a.m. and over the phone and online beginning at 1 p.m. Single-game tickets for all other 71 home games will also be available during the National Pig Day celebration. There is no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for IronPigs home games.
Groups tickets are on sale now for gatherings of 20 or more and can be purchased by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
Fans seeking to guarantee the best seats at Coca-Cola Park are encouraged to consider an IronPigs season ticket or mini plan before individual tickets go on sale. Purchase a 2014 ticket plan and receive up to $144 of free Ballpark Credit on your ticket plan through June 16, 2014! That's right, purchase any plan today and receive free Ballpark Credit as an added bonus in 2014. Ticket plans start at just $90 and provide the very best bang-for-your-buck. The more games in your plan, the more Ballpark Credit you'll get this season.
Festivities to celebrate National Pig Day weekend are scheduled from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 1, at Coca-Cola Park. The list of festivities appears below:
- Pig Roast - Beginning at 9 a.m., fans can receive complimentary pork sandwiches while supplies last.
- Yard Signs - Beginning at 9 a.m., pick up a complimentary 2014 IronPigs yard sign (while supplies last) at Coca-Cola Park. There is a limit of one per household.
- Pig Tales in the Barnyard (12 noon to 1 p.m.) - Back by popular demand, there will be a special National Pig Day version of "Pig Tales in the Barnyard" in the Board Room located behind home plate on the Field Level concourse. Pig Tales in the Barnyard -- the popular off-season storytelling event featuring Farmer Sally -- is a free, hour-long storytelling event.
- Children's Activities (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.) - The popular entertainer, "Tootsie the Clown" will be creating complimentary balloon animals (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.). Free face painting is also available.
- Self-Guided Tours (9 a.m. to Noon) - Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the special Hot Corner, Bacon Strip and Red Robin "island" seating areas along with Coca-Cola Park's clubhouses and dugouts.
- Complimentary Hot Dogs, Coca-Cola products, Martin's Potato Chips and hot chocolate - Available from 9 a.m. to Noon or while supplies last.
- Appearances by FeRROUS, FeFe and the Pork Racers - FeRROUS, FeFe, Diggity, Hambone, Chris P. Bacon and Barbie Q. will all be making appearances throughout the day and are available for photos with your youngsters.
The Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, fully reloaded with brand-new IronPigs merchandise for the 2014 season, will be open throughout National Pig Day weekend with extended hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 1 and 12 noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 2. The Majestic Clubhouse Store is open year-round from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday thru Saturday and from 12 noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Coca-Cola Park's National Pig Day celebration is considered to be the largest Pig Day celebration of its kind in the world. National Pig Day was inspired by a Texas school teacher and has been recognized annually since 1972 - and by the IronPigs since their inception in 2008.
The 2014 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.