Exhibition Game Information
The Memphis Redbirds will open the 2014 season by hosting the defending National League Champion St. Louis Cardinals in a special Exhibition Game at AutoZone Park on Friday, March 28.
The prestigious event at AutoZone Park will give fans the first glimpse of the 2014 Cardinals as they face the Redbirds in their final pre-season game leading up to Opening Day. The Cardinals will occupy the first base side dugout.
AutoZone Park will open at 4:30 p.m., two hours before first pitch at 6:35 p.m., allowing fans to experience the pageantry of the event and watch pre-game batting practice.
Game Schedule & Highlights
- Gates open at 4:30 p.m.
- 5,000 fans receive a 2014 magnet schedule, courtesy of Shelby County Health
- Pre-Game Block Party in AutoZone Park Plaza from 4:30 - 6 p.m.
- Music from Navy Band Mid-South's rock group Freedom
- Face painting for kids in the Boardwalk
- St. Louis Cardinals Batting Practice begins at approximately 4:45 p.m.
- Pre-Game Ceremonies begin at approximately 6:10 p.m.
- Ceremonial first pitch by United States Navy Petty Officer First Class Laura Guthridge
- Introduction of both teams to the lines
- Colors presented by United States Marine Corps Civil Air Patrol Composite Squadron
- National Anthem by Adrianna, patient at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Game ball delivery by Peabody Duckmaster Anthony Petrina
- "Play Ball" Kids - Garrett and Tucker from Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
- First Pitch at 6:35 p.m.
- 7th Inning Stretch: "God Bless America" sung by a member of Navy Band Mid-South
Print At Home Tickets
- Long lines at Will Call are anticipated for Friday's game. Fans are strongly encouraged to print their purchased tickets from home for free.
- Ticket purchasers can log into their TicketReturn account and follow the simple steps to avoid the long lines. Please call (901) 721-6000 for assistance or more information.
- Fans participating in social media can follow the Cardinals and Redbirds on Facebook (facebook.com/Cardinals & facebook.com/memphisredbirds.com), Twitter (@Cardinals & @memphisredbirds), and Instagram (@Cardinals & @memphisredbirds). Join the social conversation using #STLCards, #Redbirds, #AZP15, and #BattleOfTheBirds.
Radio & TV Coverage
- Fans can listen to Steve Selby on Sports 56 (560 AM) and Mike Shannon & John Rooney on the Cardinals Radio Network.
- Minor League Baseball will be showcasing Friday's Exhibition Game as a free preview on MiLB.TV.
How To Purchase Tickets
Online: To purchase tickets online to the Cardinals vs. Redbirds Exhibition Game, click the green "Buy Tickets Now" button below. Once on the TicketReturn website, follow the prompts to purchase your tickets. Online purchasers may have their tickets left at Will Call or printed from home.
Phone: To purchase tickets by phone, please call the Redbirds at (901) 721-6000. Fans who choose to purchase by phone may have their tickets left at Will Call or printed from home.
In Person: Tickets may be purchased in person by visiting the AutoZone Park box office anytime Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. The Box Office is located at the main entrance at the corner of 3rd & Union Ave. in downtown Memphis.
Cardinals Exclusive VIP Ticket Packages: Three Cardinals Exclusive VIP ticket packages for Club Level, Dugout Box, and Right Field Picnic areas are now available. Call (901) 722-0257 or click here for more information.