On Saturday, February 22nd, the Reading Fightin Phils will host the team's 2014 Job Fair at FirstEnergy Stadium starting at 11:00 a.m. The Fightins are seeking individuals for part-time, game day roles as concession stand employees, vendors, ticket takers, and more for the upcoming season.
Prospective employees should be expected to work both weeknights and weekends during the 2014 season from April to late August. Minimum age and compensation vary by position.
The following positions will be open at the 2014 Job Fair:
• Concessions-The Food Service Department is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and reliable individuals to be part of the Fightin Phils family and continue to serve our most loyal fans in Baseballtown.
• In-Game Clean Team-Seeking responsible, dependable, and determined individuals will be responsible for maintaining FirstEnergy Stadium during games, sweeping up debris, handling trash duties, and make sure America's Classic Ballpark is the cleanest in the nation.
• In-Game Bathroom Maintainer-Responsible men and women needed to sweep all bathroom floors, filling hand towels, and other bathroom essentials. Serves as the assistant to clean team manager.
• Morning/Post-Game Clean-Up-Enthusiastic team players needed for preparing the stadium for games and events. Must be available at night after games in addition to mornings.
• Security Ambassador-Exciting, energetic personnel who are not afraid to interact with fans and oversee safety at FirstEnergy Stadium. Security officers are the gateway to FirstEnergy Stadium and often greet and direct people as well as control access and watching over the ballpark.
• Diamond Girls-Seeking well-spoken, enthusiastic individuals that can interact with fans of all ages, but especially with children. Responsibilities include handing out giveaway items at the gates, escorting mascots around the stadium, ticket counting, and being a host of the picnic areas.
• Phunland Employees-Seeking individuals who are great with kids and enthusiastic with great personalities. Responsibilities include running various areas of the Phunland area (Ring Toss, Speed Pitch, Mini-Golf, Inflatable Slide, Hi-Striker). There is a high interaction with children.
• Ticket Takers-Looking for great personalities that can welcome fans into FirstEnergy Stadium and Baseballtown with a smile. Responsibilities include greeting fans, checking tickets as well as counting tickets.
Potential employees will meet with the head of their respective departments at the job fair while becoming acquainted with the Reading Fightin Phils and America's Classic Ballpark.
For additional information about the 2014 Job Fair, contact the Fightin Phils Front Office at 610-370-BALL to speak with a team representative.
The Fightin Phils will kick off the 2014 season on Thursday, April 3rd at 7:05 p.m. at FirstEnergy Stadium when the team takes on the Portland Sea Dogs. Savage 61 Fightins VIP Club plans, group tickets, and single game tickets for 2014 can be purchased online at Fightins.com, by phone at 610-370-BALL, or by visiting the FirstEnergy Stadium Ticket Office.