ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Beginning today at noon EDT, Minor League Baseball™ Charities is hosting a series of two-week, online auctions throughout the season on MiLB.com. Visitors to Minor League Baseball's official website can bid on items donated by MiLB™ clubs, leagues and partners, including game experiences, autographed baseballs and other baseball memorabilia. Items in the first auction include:
- A Byron Buxton signed baseball (Cedar Rapids Kernels)
- An autographed baseball from Atlanta Braves outfielder Jason Heyward (Gwinnett Braves)
- A Derek Jeter bobblehead (Tri-City ValleyCats)
- A business suite rental of 18 tickets (Bowling Green Hot Rods)
- A 2014 dugout suite rental, 12 tickets (Harrisburg Senators)
- A Raley Field suite: 10 seats in the Governors Section (Sacramento River Cats)
- An MVP experience package that includes four caps, a team-signed ball, four meal vouchers, throwing out a first pitch, being interviewed on the radio broadcast, early admission to watch batting practice, sitting in the dugout before the game and standing on the field with the team for the national anthem (Savannah Sand Gnats)
- Four baseline box tickets, a signed baseball by Philadelphia Eagles two-time Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans, a small 2013 inaugural season replica stadium and a 9" x 12" 2013 inaugural season puzzle (Birmingham Barons)
- A Fort Wayne Wizards jersey signed by pitcher Bryan Rodriguez (Fort Wayne TinCaps)
- Four tickets to a 2014 home game (Norfolk Tides)
- Four general admission tickets to a 2014 game and the chance to throw out a first pitch (Daytona Cubs)
- Four ticket pack, four hot dogs, four small drinks and four bags of chips (Charleston RiverDogs)
The auctions will end between 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. EDT on April 15, depending on the item. Proceeds from the auctions will benefit MiLB Charities, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to and enhancing the communities that Minor League Baseball teams call home.
Through donations and support it receives from fans, teams and partners, MiLB Charities is able to contribute to local organizations in times of need and support causes that are important to its extended baseball family. Minor League Baseball Charities is affiliated with the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues. Visit http://milbcharities.milbstore.com for more information about the auctions, or to make a donation to MiLB Charities.