FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Grizzlies, Triple-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, will be giving away 2010 San Francisco Giants World Series Championship Replica Rings, presented by Fresno Coin Gallery, to the first 7,000 fans through the Chukchansi Park gates on Saturday, April 19 when they take on the Reno Aces at 7:05 p.m. Gates to the park open at 5:35 p.m. on Saturday to the general public.
The giveaway will be available at all Chukchansi Park gates (see additional notes) until supplies last. One line will form at each individual gate and be structured by barricades beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. Roving security and Fresno Grizzlies front office staff will be present at each gate to ensure safety and handle any questions. Fans can still guarantee themselves the 2010 Replica Ring and every other 2014 giveaway by becoming a season ticket holder for as little as $288 per seat. Call 559.320.TIXS for more information.
The Chukchansi Park Box Office (1800 Tulare Street) is open 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and will open at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. Fans can also purchase tickets online at ticketreturn.com.
Additional Notes for Saturday, April 19
- H Street will be closed to traffic beginning at 10:00 a.m. Saturday
- Fans arriving early are encouraged to park in Lot 4 (Tulare Street) and the spiral parking structure located on the corner of Van Ness/Inyo Street.
- Portable bathrooms will be staged along Inyo Street for fans arriving early
- Gate entrances for the general public are as follows: Gate 1 (H Street and Tulare), Gate 2 (H Street and Kern), Gate 3 (H Street and Inyo) and Gate 6 (Fulton Mall/Home Run Alley)
Fresno Grizzlies connection to the 2010 San Francisco Giants World Series Championship Roster
Thirteen of the 25 members of the 2010 World Series roster played in a Fresno Grizzlies uniform during or before 2010. Those players include pitchers Madison Bumgarner, Matt Cain, Santiago Casillo, Tim Lincecum, Sergio Romo, Jonathan Sanchez and Brian Wilson, and position players Buster Posey, Eli Whiteside, Travis Ishikawa, Pat Burrell, Nate Schierholtz and Andres Torres.
The 2010 World Series title also marked many firsts for the Giants franchise and city of San Francisco.
- First World Series title since the New York Giants in 1954
- First World Series title since the team moved from New York to San Francisco in 1958
- First World Series title in the city of San Francisco
- First major sports championship in the city of San Francisco since the 49ers won Super Bowl XXIX in 1995.