The Quad Cities River Bandits, Class-A affiliate of the Houston Astros, battle the Clinton LumberKings, Class-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, in a three-game series from Tuesday, July 29, through Thursday, July 31, at Modern Woodmen Park. Tickets are still available on riverbandits.com or by calling the box office at (563) 324-3000. Below are the highlights of promotions and events for the homestand.
Tuesday, July 29, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Hebrew National, CBS4, Pepsi, WOC & Q-106.5
- Jeff Bagwell Bobblehead Giveaway presented by Hebrew National & CBS4 WHBF - The first 700 fans will receive a bobblehead of Jeff Bagwell, who accumulated 449 home runs, the 1994 National League Most Valuable Player award, the 1991 NL Rookie of the Year award, four All-Star Game selections and three Silver Slugger awards in a 15-year career with the Houston Astros.
- Buy-One-Get-One Free Tickets - All regular individual tickets are buy-one-get-one free on Tuesdays the rest of the regular season.
- Kids Eat Free - Kids 12 and under receive a voucher for a free meal at the ballpark.
- Dew for Twosday - Fans can bring in old Mountain Dew cans and exchange them for a voucher for a free 16-ounce Mountain Dew.
Wednesday, July 30, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Reynolds Ford, Burlington Trailways, U.S. Bank & Mix 96
- Used Car Giveaway presented by Reynolds Ford - Fans will be able to enter to win a used car.
- Team Photo Giveaway presented by Burlington Trailways - The first 1,000 fans will receive a 2014 River Bandits team photo.
- Star Wars Night - All fans who wear a Star Wars T-shirt will receive $1 off the regular ticket price. Fans who dress in a Star Wars costume will receive $2 off the regular ticket price.
- Pay Your Bill Wednesday presented by U.S. Bank & Mix 96 - Fans can bring copies of their unpaid bills to Modern Woodmen Park and enter them in a drawing to be paid up to $100 by the River Bandits. The team will randomly select two to be paid.
- Organization of the Night: American Fire Safety - Proceeds from the postgame Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit American Fire Safety (http://www.americanfiresafety.org/).
Thursday, July 31, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Quad-City Times & the River Cities' Reader
- Pro Wrestling Night - "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase will be available to sign autographs in the ESPN Radio Quad Cities Sports Lounge.
- Thirst-day Thursday presented by the River Cities' Reader - Fans can enjoy $2 drink specials throughout the game.
- Buy One-Get-One presented by IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union - All Thursday tickets for IHMVCU members are buy-one, get-one free. Fans must show membership at the box office to receive the ticket special.
- Organization of the Night: Women in Defense - Proceeds from the postgame Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit Women in Defense (http://widiic.org/).
- MC22 Telecast - Mediacom Connections (MC22) will record a television game broadcast to be re-aired on MC22.
UP NEXT: Gates open for the next River Bandits homestand at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, and the first 700 fans will receive a Jeff Bagwell Bobblehead courtesy of Hebrew National and CBS4 WHBF. Kids Eat Free and regular tickets are Buy-1-Get-1 Free for the 7 p.m. game. Tickets are available at www.riverbandits.com. To order any of the River Bandits 2014 ticket plans - with new lower prices - call the River Bandits box office at 563-324-3000. Season ticket and mini-plan packages start at just seven games and begin at less than $40. Call a River Bandits account representative today to choose your seats and get the details of our various mini-plan packages.
ABOUT THE BANDITS: Having just been named Ballpark Digest's winner of Best Ballpark Improvement in America under $1 million, the River Bandits ownership recently made one of the biggest improvements to Modern Woodmen Park since the ballpark was first built back in 1931! A new Ferris wheel, standing 105 feet over the playing field, opened May 24, and Space Camp opened June 20; the newly expanded 300-foot long zip line has also reopened. Soon to come is another new ride, this one called a "Drop and Twist." In 2013, the team unveiled a new 220-foot long dual zip line, a rock climbing wall, and a number of new bounce houses. Last season, the team's major league affiliate, the Houston Astros, saw all six of its affiliates reach the playoffs - the first time in a decade any MLB team can claim such success. The River Bandits were one of three affiliates to reach the championship round and one of two to win their league championship.